Just back from Barcelona, where we stayed from 28th Dec 2011 to 1st Jan 2012.
We decided to stay at the Hesperia Del Port hotel for a couple of reasons, firstly good value and secondly a reasonably good location away from Ramblas but within easy walking distance.
When we arrived we were pleased with the hotel, the surrounding area was a bit run down to be honest, but this didn't matter too much.
Reception doors were kept closed and entry was via the receptionist letting you in. Was this a sign of trouble we thought?
We checked in, through a nice reception with friendly staff and were allocated room 702. Top floor overlooking a park and the road. now I was a bit concerned that the noise from the busy road would be a problem, but I needn't have worried, the windows and the height of the room shut out practically everything.
Smallish room, large metal framed bed that squeaked badly with every movement, very small LCD TV. Bathroom, had bidet, toilet, bath sink and shower. Room was clean had a safe (which was not bolted down), a fridge and a wardrobe.
A/C was available, although it didn't work, being December you could argue that it wasn't necessary but with the sun shining through the front glass most of the day and it was very warm in the room.
There was a reasonable view over to the Olympic stadium area and we did walk there one day, it took about 10 mins up the back roads.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, it was available for €12 pp so we went down the road where there was a nice cafe serving roles and coffee at a good price.
The rooms had free wifi and was great for a few days. the lack of any area except reception with sofa or comfortable chairs mean't there was no real point in being in the hotel for any time longer than necessary.
Turning right out of the hotel, leads towards the Apolo theatre on av de parallel.
Also any of the side roads on the right side would lead to rambles areas and beyond.
Turning left out of the hotel leads down towards the port and the point where cruise ships and ferries arrive.
I think this hotel is great for couples on a city break, or businessmen.
There are metro stations a short walk away and the taxi cost from the airport was €35 and €40 on New years day. As there were 4 of us it was the best way. If it was 2 of us, we may have found an alternative way to the airport if cost only was the important factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SERHS Del Port is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the center of Barcelona. Within just a few minutes' walk from the bustling Las Ramblas and beautiful port area, this newly built hotel provides exceptional value and a high level of modern comfort. Non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SERHS Del Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Del Port Barcelona
- Hesperia Del Port Hotel Barcelona