5,007 results
All reviews rooftop pool la rambla basement spa tobacco company superior room classic room privilege room sauna and steam room pillow menu tapas perfect location private terrace side street street noise gothic quarter the heart of the city small balcony
Reviewed 25 February 2007

My brother & I stayed here for two nights last week for the Barcelona v Liverpool match and our high expectations based on reviews prior to our departure were more than met. We arrived well before the normal check-in time and were delighted that our room was already available to us. The decor in both the hallways and the room was very tasteful. I am guessing that the hotel has been refurbished within the last year. The spa and pool area in the basement was also a great bonus (we didn't venture to the roof pool). We didn't eat or drink in the hotel so I can't comment on the bar / restaurants. A short stroll from the hotel takes you to the transport hub of Plaza Catalunya and the sights of the Barri Gotic. Overall everything about this hotel was ideal for our trip and if returning to Barcelona I'd definitely stay there again

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
8  Thank Scotscouple
Reviewed 24 February 2007

Booked the hotel for a surprise for my wife's 30th birthday. We arrived carrying a load of ski gear and the reception made us feel welcome despite our dishevelled appearance.

Every aspect of the hotel was well thought out and presented; you never felt as any corners were being cut. The swimming pool despite being small can provide hours of relaxation with the various spa facilities.

Easily the best hotel I've stayed in at any price- will definately be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Pingers
Reviewed 23 February 2007

I have just spent four nights in a privilege room at hotel 1898.
The decor of the hotel is magnificent if you like some old colonial, richly done, feeling. Room, at least mine, is enough large and cleverly furnished.
Service is great, even if not all staff members speak fluent english. Facilities accurate and cool, meeting rooms great and of safe intimacy. Location, it's probably hard to be more central, directly on the ramblas. The only disturbing thing some squeaking noises in the ceiling, caused I guess from airconditioning system that may be enoying if someone is used to deep silence.
For the rest a great place to stay, one of the most charming hotels I have been to and definitely a place to return.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank enrico-Italia
Reviewed 19 February 2007

Booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The rooms were fab, staff extemely pleasant and helpful, excellent location, nice spa area, the roof top pool and terrace were ideal for summer visitors. Wouldn't hesitate recommed Hotel 1898.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank DuncanScotland
Reviewed 18 February 2007

We loved this hotel, we booked it because it was the top rated hotel by trip advisor reviews and we were not diappointed!!!

It is in a brilliant location, walking distance from many lovely restaurants and sightseeing oppurtunties. The liveliness of Las Ramblas is hard to beat.

The staff were very helpful and professional, the rooms were kept to a great standard. We stayed a classic room and it was gorgeous, with a beautiful bathroom. From our window we could see down to rooms below us that had a gorgeous balcony with decking and lovely furnishing, if anyone is booking it would be worth while paying the extra for a room with the private balcony!

the rooftop pool was beautiful. We also enjoyed the indoor pool, sauna and steam room.

overall I would throughly recommend this hotel to make any trip to barcelona even better!!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MurphyArmagh