“Nice apartment in a nice local neighborhood”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
FIRST CORRIDOR KITCHEN ON THE RIGHT AND BEDROOM 1 ON THE RIGHT and pretty Aurelia on the left.
DOUBLE BED BEDROOM 1
DOUBLE BED BEDROOM 1
CROSS AVENIDA MERIDIANA INTO HYPERCOR AND YOU WILL FIND LOST OF FOOD TO TAKE AWAY.
THE BUTCHERS AND SUPERMARKET CLOSES AT 11.30 PM. ALSO SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS
SECOND CORRIDOR LEADING TO AHEAD BEDROOM 2 AND ON LEFT BATHROOM
SINGLE BEDROOM 3
the underground is on the left and the apartment is on the right you only has to cross the road.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Wandering...
Salina, Kansas
“Nice apartment in a nice local neighborhood”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I and another couple rented this apartment for a three night stay in Barcelona before boarding a ship. Overall we were very pleased with the accommodations.

Upon our arrival in Barcelona, we took the Metro from the airport to the apartment with no major problems, even with four large suitcases and carry on bags. The only confusion was at the airport where you must buy a "special" airport Metro ticket via a special machine inside the Metro station (near the Metro turnstiles) which accounts for the special "airport tax". Before we figured this out, we bought Metro tickets at a regular metro machine upstairs which didn't work when we tried to go thru the turnstiles. The person at the info desk guided us on what needed to be done and we were on our way.The apartment was just across the street and down about a half block from the Metro stop. The Metro was convenient, cheap, and easy to use. We used it a lot during our stay!

As per instructions from Enrique, we called Xavier from the airport to let him know that we had arrived. This was around 10:30 in the morning and they were still cleaning up the apartment from the previous occupants. I think Xavier and the cleaning lady made special efforts to get it done quickly to accommodate our early arrival. When we got off at the Metro station, it was a little confusing finding the apartment, but we asked for help and several people went out of their way to help direct us down the right street. Xavier met us upstairs at the apartment and gave us a tour and the keys. Xavier's English and our Spanish was pretty thin, but we managed to communicate well enough to get checked in.

The apartment was very clean and nicely decorated. If you are coming from America, be aware that the beds are much smaller than ours. I think the bed in the main bedroom was 3/4 of a "full" size bed and the mattresses are much thinner and firmer than ours. That would normally not be a problem, but it was very warm and humid (upper 80's) in Barcelona with no breeze during the evening or night. The apartment has air conditioning, but it is set to run only two hours and then shut off automatically to save electricity costs. Well, as you can imagine, with it being so warm, one of us had to get up every two hours during the night to hit the button again to turn on the air conditioning. Also, I don't know if the air conditioner wasn't working properly, but even with it on, the air just "dribbled" out of the vents above the doors (almost like a plugged filter). The only really "cool spot" in the apartment was right under the vent in the hallway. I suspect that normally it is not this warm in Barcelona and perhaps there is usually a breeze (the windows do open in the apartment) that can cool the apartment. But for our three days, the apartment was really warm and opening the windows didn't help! Some fans to move the air in the apartment would have helped.

Other than these issues, we really enjoyed our stay. We spent most of the days outside exploring. We found great local restaurants and had some great meals. (We used TripAdvisor a lot and walked to most of them from the apartment) The waiters in the restaurants were all great! Some could speak very little English while others could speak pretty good English, but all went out of their way to do their best to explain the menus to us. As we went along, we picked up enough of the language to help us get by too. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful.

Enrique did a good job of communicating with us prior to our arrival and recommended some nearby restaurants. He also recommended that we book a taxi to get to the port to board our ship. We are glad we followed his advice on this! We booked the taxi the night before and they met us at the front door of the apartment in the morning and got us directly to the ship in good time and at a reasonable price. We never saw Xavier again after our initial check-in, but received an email from him advising us just to leave the keys on the kitchen counter when we left.

Again, overall we were please with our stay. If you want to get a feel for the local flavor (away from the tourist hotels and tourist shops) this is a good apartment to rent. Just be aware of the two issues I mention above especially if your coming when the temperature is very warm. We used the Metro and the "Hop on - Hop off" bus to get to the major sites. Also, there is a small elevator at the apartment that you can use to get your luggage upstairs. The apartment has free Wi-Fi too!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: A very "local" feel with lots of good eating and shopping places nearby
Travelling group: Friends
wimpsaway
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Barcelona sightseeing”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Apartment as nice in the photos, great location near to Metro which is such an easy low cost convenient way of getting round this wonderful city.
Space enough for family of 4 including teenage daughter, Wi-Fi & TV with English channels a bonus to keep them entertained whilst relaxing between sightseeing.
Enrique very friendly & communicative throughout the booking process, with a great sense of humour. His assistant Xavier welcomed us in from outside on arrival.
Only down side, the apartment building was a little noisy, thin walls / inner courtyard seemed to let sounds travel. Fine if you're a heavy sleeper.

Liked best: Handy location
ASDLondon
London
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This is a really lovely apartment which is a couple of minutes walk from Fabra I Puig metro station on Line 1. Enrique, the owner, will contact you and give you all the details of how to get to the apartment, how to get in touch with Xavier about getting the keys and will give ample information and web links about what and where to shop, eat and enjoy in Barcelona.

The apartment is spacious and clean with funky decor and lights. It is fully furnished and there is a lift that will take you to your level. There was some building work being done to the building and it was noisy when the builders started working in the morning but you can't really blame the owners for that. Hopefully the work will finish soon. There is free, fast wifi with possibly the world's longest password but at least it works. There is a large supermaket and shops almost across the road so you can do cooking in the apartment - this is very handy if you have fussy children like we do.

Last time I came to Barcelona I didn't particularly like the city. This time I really enjoyed it and that is in no small part to staying in a top class, safe pad like this. If I come back to Barcelona (and I would like to) then I would stay here if I could.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, spacious apartment close to metro and friendly, helpful owner
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
31 May 2016
" funky decor and lights"..? I hope you say nice thing. Otherwise I will call my designers and ask for my money back. This is NOT a touristic apartment it is my residence when I or my daughters visit Barcelona, sadly we only use it twice a year, sometimes none. However, it is where I will retire when I'm 120 years old. Therefore, I choose the right area with nice people, lots of activity (if wanted), within 200 metres and able to walk the area with a gold rolex. This review has explained very clearly what I wanted to achieve. Thank you
MagandOli...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice appartment and very friendly owner”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I will recommand this place to anyone who enjoy a city break. It is only a few yards away from the underground, there are also a few local shops very handy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The place was not far from the city centre.
Liked least: Noise
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Charlotte...
“Excellent, clean apartment. Great location for public transport”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Great, modern apartment in a really nice residential area. Great local amenitues, Very handy shop just over the road and a supermarket 2 minutes walk away. A great range of restaurants in the area. No welcome platter as mentioned in previous ratings. Parking was an issue.
If I ever go to Baarcelona again I would stay here.

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
28 May 2015
Thank you very much for your review I'm sure that it helps other guests to book with us with peace of mind, specially with the current unrest with touristic apartments in Barcelona. Check disturbances in touristic apartments in Barcelona on the internet.
There is a three floor Public car park in the building, the cost is 30 euros per day or as I'm an owner of an apartment in the building I have special arrangements which I pass to my guests. The price is 65 euros for a middle sized vehicle or 75 euros for a large vehicle for FIFTEEN DAYS,
We receive people from all over the world as far as China, Australia, America etc etc. They arrive at all hours with jet lag and children. I have not in my heart to receive them empty handed so I get Xavier to prepare a nice platter of food and wine and juices for the children.
Finally, Xavier has told me you are the best for cleanness because you left the apartment immaculate, when you come back for 10 days next time I will pay for the parking and Xavier will receive you with a platter of food and drink. Happyyyy?.
Best wishes for you and family Enrique and Xavier xx
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing