“Horrible.”

Price range: USD 11 - USD 17
Cuisines: Cafe, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Burger bar in the heart of l'Eixample. Custom burgers, imported beers, wines, music & best atmosphere in town. Sublime Veggies and Nebraska Beef!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The worse burger I ever had for more than 10 euros. I waited for 20 minutes and the burger was raw after I asked for well done.
They miss treated me. Very bad service. Horrible.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us by our host in Barcelona and I'm very glad it was. The dining room/bar is simply designed—stylish but still comfortable. Our server was very friendly and helpful with the few questions we had, and the food was great. Really liked the ability to create our own burgers: lots of options for bread, garnishes, cheeses, etc. For drinks, I recommend the Moritz Epidor, a dark beer they had on tap: a new favorite.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Okay, so I'm not totally comfortable giving a review of somewhere I'm actually fond of but the service is just so consistently bad I'm desperate for you to change something!

I like your burgers, I like the fries, I like the choice, I also think the people who work there are pretty nice. BUT the service is horrendous, no exaggeration.

The poor waiting staff are lovely and are actually trying their best to provide a good experience for customers but they are so understaffed they obviously have to fail, and I just think about what it must do to their morale.

The last 3 times I've been there I have always had to wait for something to the point where it ruins my time. I have been waiting 15-20mins for drinks so that my burger arrives before (this is criminal, why should I be eating salty food without first sipping my refreshment and saying cheers to my company?). I have twice ordered chips to share that on both times came AFTER we finished our burgers.

The final time was last week, I went in and ordered a burger and beer each for myself and my partner, we also wanted cheesy fries to share. Hafway through my burger and still no fries, so I put it down. I just can't bear to finish the burgers and just eat fries as dessert AGAIN. I ask the waiter, poor guy is running around, there are just two waiting staff for an evening shift, come on! He reports to the kitchen, no one comes back to tell us they're ocming, i continue to wait. I touch my burger and prod it wistfully, its getting cold but i just don't want to eat my meal in stages again. No one tells us anything, so I start to get emotional, because, well, its food and I'm frustrated! The waiting staff notice and move to reassure me. I finish my cold burger and then the chips finally come with a 'sorry' from the poor waiting staff.

I mean, really, what is wrong with your place? Why is there no order? I'm also annoyed because I'm paying to eat out, that means the whole experience. Your restaurant feels like it has so much potential but in the end it's just a waste of my money and I can't risk feeling so frustrated and wound up by visiting again.

So what are you gonna do? Looks like you just say to others you welcome the comments, but actually your establishment is sufferering from terrible service which I dont think is the waiting staff's fault, it all looks like a management problem.

You need more staff in the evenings, don't cut corners, it turns off paying customers when we feel you don't care about the experience you just hope you scrape through each shift.

Give your staff some more training about red lines in hospitality, for example, never ever keep a table waiting to pay, they shouldn't have to work hard to give you money. Never take food to a table without drinks, ever, sort it out and then deliver in the order they expect. Or even put in some better standards about how to run a shift, priorities, how to keep customers happy when things go wrong. Help them do better.
And what about having below par service 3 times in a row, which the staff recognise, but still have to pay full price for it? I mean if I'm expected to do my part and pay the full price for the meal I've eaten, why doesn't your restaurant do it's part and deliver the food and the experience that's expected?

1  Thank lilybakas
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Horrible, 10 euros for a very bad burguer. Meet not tasty, personal are umpolite. We had a raw meet burguer after asking for a well done, and they were very impolite, not professional at all.
Not recommended !

OvalBarcelona, Manager at Oval, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello Pedro C! Thank you for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with us. It is so unfortunate that you couldn't have a positive one, we are very sorry to hear it. Please, do not hesitate to let us know if your burger is not as you expected so we can order a new one just as you like. If you feel the need to extend your comments we will be glad to receive them at info@ovalbcn.com. With best regards, OVAL

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Love the concept of designing your own hamburger and menu.
Staff is very nice and quick. Of course this is debatable if you have a full house.
But all in all a great atmosphere, very laid back and young.
Music was a bit on the offside but that's a question of taste.
Good food, good serve. The end.

OvalBarcelona, Manager at Oval, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hello Renato! Thank you very much for visiting and for recommending us. We are happy to know you had a positive experience and liked the conceptm the staff and the atmosphere. We're sorry if the music was a bit up in your area. Hope you had a wonderful time in Barcelona and see you again real soon! With best regards, OVAL