“I Can't Wait to Go Back to Bardot”
Review of Bardot Barcelona

Bardot Barcelona
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Bardot Barcelona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #978 of 10,829 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: USD 35 - USD 100
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was our last night in Barcelona on Spring Break vacation when I took my family to Bardot. It's a fascinating place. The physical space has a timeless quality to it. You walk in and feel transported somewhere wonderful. The staff - like so many in Barcelona - is genuinely warm and welcoming. The wine list is off the chain. It's in the thousands and changes often ( so my server said) because they sometimes buy just a few bottles from producers. The Priorat that I chose was the last bottle left in the cellar - and it was great for the 25 Euro price. Another nice thing about the wine list - it runs from big money bottles for special occasions to more modestly priced wines like the one I chose. Beyond all of that there was the food - the Romesco sauce for the grilled vegetables is reason enough for me to go back to Bardot. It was perfectly smoky without being overpowering. Thinly sliced artichokes were crisply fried and drizzled with some honey - not something I would think would work but the combination of fried and salt and honey all pulled together. Fried squid came with a garlicky aioli. The buneulos made with curried vegetables instead of traditional codfish came with a raita-like sauce. And this was followed with main dishes of the beefiest steak tartare with crisp shoestring fries, soft cooked egg yolk and mustard mayo. The true show stopper aside from the Romesco may have been the Cod Fish topped with foam. The fish was silky, soft and melted in your mouth but without losing it's flavor. Don't miss the chocolate omelet dessert topped with chocolate pop rocks and vanilla ice cream. Between the people who worked their, the magic coming out of the kitchen, the wine-list and the just different world feel of the space I cannot wait till I get back to Barcelona and visit Bardot again.

BardotBarcelona, Gerente at Bardot Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks so much for all the details, we are really happy that your experience in our restaurant was so good, we really hope to see you soon, kind regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere and top quality service!

The food is original and very tasty, something different to typical tapas.

All the waiters are very friendly... highly recommend!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Bardot Barcelona

Barcelona

Great place, nice ambience and right around the corner from our hotel !

This March our hotel recommended us to go eat at the restaurant on the square around the corner. The florist next door to the restaurant helped us get a reservation as they were initially full. My mom had sent us a "gift" to go out for a better dinner in order to complete our weekend in Barcelona.

We had a great time and my husband had a seafood with noodles an dI had loads of vegetables - it was cosy and good service. The manager (or maybe owner) was very kind.

Only thing that i would like to mention is that there can sometimes be a language barrier in Barcelona, so I will encourage the owner of Bardot to inspire the employees to read english books and see movies in English (not translated), it will improve their language skills. Personally (from Norway), this is how I learned French, it is efficient.

We had a great time and see you soon.

1  Thank annelinelande
BardotBarcelona, Gerente at Bardot Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Annelinelande, thank you so much for sharing your opinion.
We are so happy that your experience in our restaurant was as you expect.
We hope to see you soon .
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We were recommended this rather understated restaurant which is two parallel streets away from the more touristy part of town. The restaurant is overshadowed by another larger one next door. But once you are seated, and as long as you are served by the owner the Iranian-French chef Kareem, you know you are in good hands.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We loved everything about this place. The service extremely friendly and helpful food to die for if you go you must try the Eggs with Truffle but do listen to the instructions or you end as my wife did!!
The impromptu cabaret by man/woman with his castanets was the icing on the cake.