Review Highlights
Great way to start

JUAN showed us some nice places with a very good amount of history behind them. To note: Was my... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Nuno D
via mobile
Great Start to Barcelona

Reviewed 5 October 2018
Destination795021
San Diego, California
via mobile

All reviews modernism tour old city walking tour great tour gothic quarter private tour guide book an excellent guide la sagrada familia history donatella knowledge pace architecture facts info
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

JUAN showed us some nice places with a very good amount of history behind them.

To note:
Was my first free tour.
We were a very small group (2 people).

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to Free Walking Tours in many cities like Riga, Ghent, Munich, etc. They were all amazing and given by highly knowledgeable guides.
About FEEL FREE TOURS:
Our guide was GLORIA and she gave a very poor tour in Gothic Quarter. Her knowledge was very little, many times she said "this places has lots of history" without telling any. She barely answered questions, some of them wrongly, some of them in a very general way with no exact facts. She had troubles communicating in English because her speech was full of parasitic words, which killed any chance of getting any information from her. She kept repeating same phrases again and again.
After 2 hours of the tour we learned information about Barcelona in amount equal to 10 minutes reading Wikipedia. Such a waste of our time in this great city!
I am not even mentioning that a good guide makes a tour entertaining, unusual, full of personal passion and small interesting facts. This tour was so far from it...

In general, I would not recommend Free Walking Tours in Barcelona. There are too many companies that do them and they have very few people attending, so often you come but a tour is canceled because of not enough people.
We also went to a tour by another company and it was of a slightly better quality than described above, but not much better.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

It was my first time in Barcelona, and I was traveling alone, so I opted to take the Feel Free Tour to get aquatinted with the city, and what an amazing experience! The tour with Donatella and Gloria made me feel like I was exploring Barcelona for the first time hundreds (sometimes thousands) of years ago. Barcelona is enchanting, and the pair did it justice with their knowledge and navigation of the city. Thank you so much Donatella and Gloria! I will be back :)

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We went on a 2 hour gothic quarter walk. Donna was great- helpful, enthusiastic about her subject and very well informed. We certainly learned a lot and the experience really enhanced our stay. Many thanks!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We had such a great tour with Gloria experiencing the Gothic Quarter! We were in Barcelona during the La Mercè festival. Gloria not only had loads of information to share about the history of the Gothic quarter, but she also gave us lots of helpful tips on things to experience during the festival, as well as different neighborhoods to explore outside of the Gothic quarter. My wife and I paid for several tours during our visit through Spain, and this FREE tour, hands down, was the best! I would highly recommend this tour and specifically Gloria for getting to know such a beautiful city.

1  Thank jhebert2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We had a great tour in the ol city of Barcelona,
Mark, the guide explained us about every detail in fluent English.
We enjoyed and recommend it.

At the end of the trip you can feel free to donate.

1  Thank Itay B
Reviewed 17 September 2018

This tour is fantastic. It covers so much of the city. It was nice to be picked up in a nice car with an English speaking guide, Daniel. Daniel is so knowledgeable about Barcelona and was a pleasure to spend the day with. He had our skip the line tickets ready for Park Guel and La Sagrada Familia. He also recommended a fantastic lunch spot, Craft, for pinxtos and craft beers. The tour involves a nice amount of walking and driving around the city. It was a great time. Highly recommend you request Daniel for your private tour in Barcelona.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our tour with Bernat. We planned to see many of the locations covered on the tour but appreciated the history and background he provided during the tour. We also had a chance to see some sights we hadn't found in the guide book. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Wow! This was a great tour.... I loved the info, but more importantly our tour guide totally rocked it! her name was Donatella and she was full of information, wit and warmth! Thank you for the great tour!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I booked two walking tours whilst in BCN, this one and a free Gothic walking tour with another comapny (with was incredible).

Whether our guide gave her name to a section of the group or whether she gave it quietly and we didn't hear it, I don't know her name, but that kind of sums up my review, the lack of energy, get up and go and passion by the guide.

Don't get me wrong, her knowledge was very impressive, but for the entire time we were with her, she came across as almost apathetic to be there and just lacked any kind of zest for what she was doing.

I appreciate that everyone has a bad day, but compared to the guide on the second tour we did, there was a vast difference in the quality and professionalism between the two.

As I say, I can't fault her knowledge, but based on the interaction and lack of passion on our particular tour, I'd be reluctant to book another with Feel Free unfortunately.