“Sunday Brunch!”

Ranked #258 of 10,851 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Located in one of the quietest corners of the Barrio de Sant Pere, between a New York air and French character, it is Elsa y Fred. With their first 5 years of running in, Elsa y Fred has captured the attention of all who pass through this area and seduce with the delights of their dishes. With an offer based on a great variety of tapas and dishes made with products of good quality selected by Chef Ramon Miracle Segura, this gastrobar has managed to stand out among the local cuisine.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Intimate Tapas restaurant filled with locals and friendly, helpful staff! So glad our guide chose this place for lunch and a rest before our afternoon walking tour of the Gothic Quarter! Excellent food and fun place!

Camila M, Propietario at Elsa y Fred, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello BeverlyVS!

Thanks for writing us a review on TripAdvisor! We are glad to read that your experience at Elsa y Fred was nice!

Our Brunch is really popular in town and we work hard to give you the best service and food!

Hope to see you soon again

Best regards

Elsa y Fred team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Luckily for us, we found this place by chance at lunchtime. We went for the three course set lunch, sampling all of the options that we could, and the standard of the food was staggering considering the price; amazing flavours, presentation, fresh ingredients and the service was also great - thanks for an amazing meal!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Been here once last year, in August - after reading some amazing reviews, decided to give it a go... and we were not disappointed. The service and food were so good, and spot on, that we’ve felt another visit was just in order.
Unlike my previous visit, this time I wasn’t hangover, so I could enjoy it even more - didn’t have a problem booking a table over the phone a few hours earlier, upon arrival was greeted by the amazing team and had the excellent Giselle as my server.
We just had some small tapas to share, the excellent crab tempura, patatas bravas and the bbq pork ribs.
Food was great, very tasty and the beer was nice and Cold. Giselle was excellent and made us feel very welcomed. I work as a restaurant manager in London and I truly wish I had someone like her on my team! A true asset to the company.
I’m really looking forward to my next visit to Barcelona, where once more we will pay a visit!
I strongly recommend this place :)

Hello Thiago,

Thanks for writing us this amazing review on TripAdvisor! We are so glad and proud to read every single word! We work hard every day to give our customers the best food and service.

I will send this review to Gisele, she will feel really honour! She is one of our top waitress, always with her beautiful smile and energy.

Hope to see you back soon now that we changed our Tapas Menu! Next time for reservations please email us to info@elsayfred.es

Best regards

Elsa y Fred Team

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My family of four had a wonderful brunch on Easter Sunday. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was warm, cozy and friendly.

The pancakes with dulce de leche and bananas was delicious, focaccia with bacon, avocado and jalapeño was yummy. Venetian toast with sausage was good as was the Eggs Benedict and smoked salmon. The patatas bravas sauce was good. The mushroom croquetas were also good. They serve tea in little pots and that was a nice touch you don’t get very often in Barcelona. They also serve fresh squeezed lemonade and orange juice.

Would highly recommend this lovely little place with reasonable prices. But make reservations as it’s small and very popular.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I walked here from La Família Sagrada for a late breakfast/brunch midweek. Warm friendly service and delicious food. It’s a cozy place very reasonably priced. Would have went again if I had had time.