“You get what you pay for - almost”
Review of Pension Bahia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Pension Bahia
Ranked #281 of 305 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“You get what you pay for - almost”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I didn´t expect much from this pension - and that was almost met. My room was next to the bath and toilet - so a lot of traffic during the night. The best thing about this was the bed. I have noticed that everyone mentioned the steps up there - so no need for that.

Room Tip: try another hotel/pension
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Pension Bahia is located right in the center of wheemyou want to be in Barcelona and the poeple
are friendly. It is located on the top floor of an old building and one has to climb a ton of steps to get in and out. Look elsewhere, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Ask lots of questions, read others reviews!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

When we arrived at the hotel a lady buzzed us in. We climbed three floors and saw that the hotel was in such a state that we thought we had made a mistake and gone to the wrong place, a derelict building. We therefore left the building. We then spent another half hour looking for the right building but we could see no other pension bahia. We went back to the hotel and there was a young man there. We explained we were looking for the hotel pension bahia. He let us in and took us the the fourth floor. The building is truly horrendous and my 6 year old daughter told me it looked like a dungeon. There was rubble thrown over all of the floors, graffiti everywhere and the place was just unbelievable and very dangerous and scary.
We were shown to our room and i was gob smacked as there was lots of damp on the walls. I told the woman that we couldn't possibly stay in that room. We were walked to another room and as we walked along the corridor we could smell cannabis. Words cannot express what the place was like. As i explained to the lady that i could not possibly stay at her hotel with my daughter she eventually told me that we would not be charged. This was after i told her i would be taking some photos of the place.
We then left and found another hotel that was clean safe and that didn't smell of drugs.
When i arrived home i found that i had been charged after all.
I am appalled that this hotel is taking money from people. It is truly the most horrendous hotel i have ever been to. I am still in massive disbelief.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel like the plague!!!! Very unsafe and the building has drug users in there!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lisa552
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Having booked this accommodation down to factors such as location and mostly low price, I then read reviews such as some of those below and was suddenly worried about the decision! However, the Pension Bahia exceeded our (admittedly low-ish) expectations.
We had a room which had a small balcony directly facing onto the Ramblas - I do believe we were lucky to get this room as it was a lot bigger than some of those we saw but all the same, the room was clean if not a bit rundown when we arrived - bedding, towels etc which were provided were all clean.
Shared bathrooms down the corridor were both fine - not immaculate but certainly not a problem and seemed to be cleaned fairly regularly.
Breakfast was fine considering it was included in such a low price - toast, jam etc, choice of drink and then a cake/etc. It was also useful having access to a computer with reliable working internet free of charge!
Yes - there are a lot of stairs up to the hostel - but this is clearly stated on the website and we really didn't find it much of a problem. The hallways of the building are rundown and there is some graffiti but you have to be buzzed into the building by the hostel staff so we didn't feel that security or safety was any issue. The staff weren't overly friendly but polite and reliable.
The Ramblas is, as you would expect, incredibly noisy and the rooms can get hot as there is only a fan. But overall we enjoyed our time here - if you want centrally placed accommodation at a cheap price - give this a try!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ruby1991
Cumbria
Reviewed 30 May 2011

As we were arriving in Barcelona late in the evening and the next day walking for 280k on The Camino Catalunya, then after I finished the walk I was going to stay in Spain for a further 2 weeks I decided that it would be advisable to book my Barcelona accommodation in advance, and also choose one that advertised a left luggage room so I could leave some things behind whist doing the walk.

I chose Pension Bahia primarily because of its location as well as it’s reasonable price, literally a two minute walk from Plaza Catalunya where the Airport bus also terminated

One thing that I would like to mention is that Pension Bahia had some terrible reviews on sites like this one, But from my own personal experience all I can say is that I was very happy with the service I received there. The room was small but clean, had a small balcony, the breakfast included in the price was well above average compared to other “included” breakfasts I have received in the past. A twin bedded room with washbasin, but toilet and bathroom down the corridor cost 49 Euro. There is a 24 hour reception and although not exactly over friendly, efficient and courteous.
Pension Bahia is on the top floor of an old building and there is No lift (The latter is made clear on the website) and although the pension entrance is scruffy, the pension itself is fine. It is noisy, but this is because it is on The Ramblas, so as it is a noisy area, you have to expect a certain amount of noise in the hotel.
After I finished my walk I stayed another night, the things that I had left behind were fine when I returned and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again on future visits to Barcelona so therefore I can recommend it to others seeking Budget accommodation right in the centre of Barcelona

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends