1,003 results
All reviewsplaca reialboutique hotelmolton brown toiletriesa la carte breakfastel terrattapaswelcome drinkcomplimentary mini baroverlooking the squarebusy squarefresh fruitturn down servicegothic quarterjunior suiteevery afternoonlittle touchesperfect location
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The Hotel Do was a brilliant base for my trip to Barcelona.

I stayed in a deluxe room, with an amazing view of Placa Reial from both the bedroom and bathroom. The energy and interest of this view is just amazing, and I had absolutely no issue with noise from square (even though I didn't let the staff shutter the balconies at night). Its perfect.

I stayed for four nights, and I really don't have a single complaint.

The rooms are elegant and fresh, with top quality bed linen- extremely comfortable.

The bathroom used excellent bath products, with a separate toilet room, and an extremely deep bath.

The breakfast here is extraordinary. They bring you whatever you want- I ordered mushrooms off the menu, in addition to the extremely extensive Continental and Hot spread they brought to my room just for me. It is very special sitting out looking at Plaza Reial eating a late breakfast. I left the hotel for an early flight, and they arranged a full cooked breakfast for 5am, fully inclusive in the room rate.

This hotel feels like the height of luxury. At roughly 375 Australian dollars a night, it was superb value.

Room Tip: Try and ensure you have a Placa Reial view- its beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank john_tillett
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My friend and I have just returned from a wonderful three night stay in this beautiful hotel. I can only echo what the other reviewers have said. We had an incredible experience from the very beginning. We received a very warm welcome and were immediately offered a welcome drink and a comprehensive booklet about the hotel and its services, even containing visiting cards with my name printed on them. Our room was beautiful and so comfortable. The free minibar and complementary bowl of fruit each evening were just two of the thoughful touches as was the umbrella left incase it was needed. Our room was serviced twice a day and towels replaced, etc. There was some noise from the square late into the night but this was before a public holiday so not typical. The sauna/steam room area with exclusive use for one room at a time was very welcome after a day's sightseeing. The breakfasts were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious with again lovely unusual touches. Above all, the staff were outstanding. They were so pleasant, helpful and efficient from locating a restaurant which I had booked on the internet, providing an adapter and checking train times on a public holiday. We had a really lovely short break but the absolute highlight was our wonderful hotel in a superb location!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank chrisban
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Perfectly located on placa redial, a lovely square dedicated to terrace dining. Just off la rambla and 5 minute walk to the cathedral. This small boutique hotel (18 rooms) has a fabulous restaurant la cuina, the tasting menu was heavenly, all the dishes interesting and cooked to perfection. I would recommend coffee on the terrace after, to sit and take in the atmosphere. Hotel staff were wonderful, hotel wonderfully clean and tidy. Each afternoon the arrival of a fruit bowl and replenished mini bar (complimentary soft drinks). Our weekend stay was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable. I can not praise this hotel enough. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank halksworth
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel in early September 2012 for 3 nights. It is a beautiful boutique hotel with less than 20 rooms which means the attention to detail and quality of customer service is extremely high. The front desk staff were always willing to assist with any of our needs including some excellent recommendations for restaurants with a local bias. The hotel has been operating for less than 12 months so is very new with a wonderful design. They had a free mini-bar, which is almost unheard of today, with a good range of non alcoholic beverages which came in handy after a long day touring around Barcelona. On Placa Reial the location is good, however, we would have preferred somewhere a little further away from La Rambla which is full of tourists, in saying this it is in walking distance to all the main attractions such as the Placa de Catalunya, the gothic quarter and Marina Port Vell. They have a lovely terrace with a pool which over looks the Placa Reial and is a nice place to relax and enjoy a drink in the evening.

The food was fantastic, we enjoyed the breakfast each morning where we could order anything off the breakfast menu. We also enjoyed a dinner their one evening and had the degustation with matching wines (and beer) from the local region. Like all staff at the hotel, the waiters in the restaurant were highly knowledgeable about the local food and wines and were very friendly.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and it was one of our favourites in our 2 week stay in Spain, if we returned to Barcelona we would definitely be stopping here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kbertoli
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The most amazing hotel ever - small, designed but still warm amd lovely. Best location in Barcelona. The only minus is the WIFI that needs to be reconnected all the time. Besides that - superb. The breakfast is A LA CARTE and is also at the same spirit of the hotel - excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business