We stayed in the hotel in late Dec 2012. When we checked in we were told by the person at the reception desk that Barcelona would be quiet before on New Year’s Eve, things shut down by afternoon and that we should be prepared etc. We were quite discouraged and even considered flying back to our home country earlier. However we later met with a very helpful staff at the reception (Mr Alvariez) who was very helpful in assisting us to explore the city and giving excellent tips on getting around Barcelona and restaurants.
The hotel is located near the Glories mall (a good place for shopping) and has some nice restaurants of different cuisines within walking distance. There is also a super market nearby. The tour bus pick up point is also near the Glories mall. We purchased tickets for the tour bus from the hotel. We also purchased tickets for the flamenco dance from the concierge.
It’s been less than 6 months since the hotel is part of the Sheraton group. As a result you can see the integration to the Sheraton standard happening slowly (almost there) .The breakfast is decent, though I wished they could have more local fare included. Housekeeping could improve - I found tangled hair on the hair dryer (ugh!) when we checked-in to the room and the bed would be made differently every day. Hope the hotel can pay more attention to such details.
But other than these, overall we had a good experience staying at the hotel, thanks to the polite and helpful staff.
If you are looking for being where the action is then Catalunya or La Ramblas is the place to be. However, if you are looking a quieter place, this hotel is a better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in into any of our uncomplicated and comfortable 154 rooms for the best sleep ever. Strategically located on the Avinguda Diagonal in Barcelona's cool new 22 district, the hotel is close to the beach and just steps from great local shopping, sports facilities and museums as well as one of Barcelona's most important convention centres. Easily accessible and well connected to the rest of the city by train or bus, you can also walk to Gaudi's famous Sagrada Familia Cathedral, the Agbar Tower any many other city hot spots. Relax and enjoy La Avenida restaurant, El Rincon bar, lounge and outside terrace to take advantage of Barcelona's great weather and a free coffee per person each day of your stay. Nothing ever tasted better than a fresh draft beer from the Best Brews program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- 4 Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
- Amrey Diagonal Barcelona
- Amrey Diagonal Hotel Barcelona