Open today: 9:00 am - 3:00 am

from USD 15.00
from USD 98.30
from USD 126.10
2,574 results
All reviews spanish village glass blowing craft shops architectural museum an open air museum international exhibition sculpture garden different parts from spain contemporary art audio guide few hours flamenco show couple of hours interesting place hop on hop off bus walk around
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This could have been, and should have been, a fascinating experience. It brings together a range of architectural styles from across Spain - a number of the buildings are outstanding - coupled with local artisans and craftshops, with a selection of restaurants as well. Unfortunately it doesn't deliver any of this well. To start with, it is priced higher than most other attractions, especially given that the shops charge. A lot of the shops were closed, halving the experience (3pm Tuesday). The city hall, which invites you up, also had all the doors closed counter to the signs. The video guide was worst though. 1. You have to be somewhere really dark to see the screen. 2. There are no headphones so you cant hear it over the machinery and the noisy school tours - there were lots of tourists desperately clutching it to their ears. 3. More seriously, it just doesnt work as a narrative unless you are already familiar with the layout. It would be good to watch on youtube if you cant visit, but if you're there it actually serves to disconnect you from the surroundings you should be enjoying. I left more frustrated than when I went in, which is a shame because it has the potential to be fascinating.

Date of experience: April 2018
PobleEspanyol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Poble Espanyol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Huntingdon1701,
We are very sorry for not living up to your expectations, especially because some of the establishments were closed, due to their lunchtime. We will look over to ensure the schedules are being kept.
On the other hand, we really appreciate your remarks about the videoguide and will work on some improvements to provide a better experience.
Thank you very much for your visit and useful comments.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This place is different.I mean special.You can find different places of Spain,on zones,all in the same place.
There are plenty of bars,restaurants and shops inside the pueblo,for souvenirs and a lot more.I prefer to buy from the town,to be honest.But there are a lot to see.
At the entrance you have the gegants and then stories and traditions at each corner.
Learning about culture,interesting.
Lovely place for relaxing :)

Date of experience: March 2018
PobleEspanyol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Poble Espanyol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Anna M,
We are glad to hear you got to know the Spanish culture features along your visit to Poble Espanyol.
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with other travelers on TripAdvisor.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This was a village that was divided up into all the regions of Spain. Each area, the buildings were replicas of actual buildings found in that particular region of Spain. It was fascinating to see how different and distinct each region was. I would highly recommend viewing the short film they show in a small theatre there. Again, it shows first hand all the traditions, festivals and the culture from each region.

Date of experience: March 2018
PobleEspanyol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Poble Espanyol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Brenda B,
Hearing you discovered the richness of Spain through your visit to Poble Espanyol make us feel very happy, especially the new audiovisual installation that showcases some of the most popular celebrations.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience,

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Unfortunately entrance to the Poble Espanyol is a bit pricey in my opinion. But once you are inside you have access to 2 great things:

1) There is a free modern art museum. (In other words, no further fee after the entrance into the village.) This modern art museum was really excellent in my opinion, with works from many Spanish artists. A sign outside advertised that it included works by Picasso, Miro and Dali. However those pieces were not so great IMHO, so if you just want to see pieces by artists you've already heard of, you might not be an entranced by the museum as I was. But if you want to discover some OTHER Spanish artists, I think this place is outstanding. In fact, this might be heresy, but I thought this museum was better than the Picasso Museum.

2) The shops in the village contain wonderful gift items that are actually from Spain. In this day and age of mass production of cheap trinkets in Asia, it can be quite difficult to find authentic local crafts when shopping in Europe. These stores were perfect for me, as everything I looked at said it was certified made in Spain. I was very happy to shop here and stock up on gifts for my loved ones back home including: spices (saffron, paprika), ceramics, turron (Spanish candy made with nuts), wine, olive oil, leather.... I even stopped into the t-shirt shop to look for something for my teenage son and I thought the designs were stylish and original. I really recommend the shopping here.

Now I'm going to add a reason NOT to visit. I was not as enchanted by the actual village as I thought I would be. I like museums and I like architecture, but somehow I felt the Poble Epanyol buildings were a bit too "Disney". I like wandering around actual medieval towns much better, where the buildings are in context with the town. I add this proviso because if you don't like modern art and don't want to shop for authentic Spanish-made goods, I would recommend you spend your time and money elsewhere.

2  Thank Carol_from_Princeton

Dear Carol_from_Princeton,
Your opinion is really valuable for us to improve. We will take into account your notes to enhance visitor’s experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

If you have already been to Barcelona and seen the great siteseeings, Poble Espanyol is a fun activity to go to.

A combination between museum, walkthrough, shops and restaurants.

On top of Montjuïc, it has a great view over Barcelona.

Extra tip: the craftsmen shops are Nice to visit. The people are friendly.

A Nice stop.

Dear Kim W,
It is nice to hear you had fun visiting Poble Espanyol.
Thank you very much for your review.
Best regards,