All reviewsthin wallscoat hangersplace to sleepboqueria marketfree wifiquiet side streetown bathroomroom was cleaned dailyrooms are smallcleaned every daygreen lineearly hoursplenty of hot waterstayed for nightsdouble roomcity breakthe location is perfect
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My family (two parents, two children of 11 and 7) spent a week in Barcelona in june 2011, and we chose "La Terrassa" only because it`s not so expensive. But once we were there, we marvelled about how perfect a place it is for a super-quiet family vacation: Since there is no breakfast offered, the courtyard is very quiet most of the day, and we woke up with no noise, just birds singing. The room and the bath were absolutely clean, the kids could play outside in the courtyard without any danger, just a step away from our room, and the hostal owners are really nice, helpful people. It`s incredible to find such a good place in the very center of Barcelona! Just the internet service (for free) is not very quick... but at least, it works.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank skempis
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I was looking for a hostel for my sister and I to stay in, and I was only finding options with dorm style shared rooms, which I wasn't very comfortable with. So when I found La Terrassa I decided to book it despite the mixed reviews and I'm so happy I did!! The hostel was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. It was definitely not a party hostel, and there were families staying there, so it was relatively quiet. We had our own private bathroom and towels were provided. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We were slightly nervous about staying in a Hostal especially one with mixed reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Yes the room was basic but it was clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly. The computer in the lounge was very useful too. We'll definitely go back next time we're in Barcelona.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teamhogg
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I've never posted a review online. I've stayed in many hostels and one star hotels in Europe and Central Amberica. Never, never have I had such an atrocious experience, as in Hostal La Terrassa. While it was our mistake in not booking a hotel in advance in Barcelona, we thought we had a reservation with them. As we didn't send them our credit card info in an email (really, in an email? Not even a secured site?), the only room they had available was what I could only describe as a cell in juve, off the communial dining room/couryard, complete with bars on the windows, a public toilet directly outside our room, twin cots, and a blazing halogen overhead. After two days, we finally had the opportunity to move to a room with a small terrace on the second floor, only to discover it HAD BED BUGS! The hotel staff was already irritated with us and less than pleased when we asked to switch rooms for a third time. By day three, we moved to the same type of room upstairs. The third floor, unfortunately, suffered from an enormous sewer problem compounded by a local resident chain smoking cigars. Seriously, if you are content to stay in an institution-like hostel with bed bugs that smells like a port-a-let for 65 Euros, then this is the place for you. BED BUGS! BED BUGS! BED BUGS at Hostel La Terrassa in Barcelona.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrooklynLML
Reviewed 13 August 2010

The receptions guys are REALLY rude, it`s not like Spanish rude, they are like Jail people rude! You don`t believe the way the people treats you there. They rudely call you 30 minutes before to inform that you have to leave, and then, 5 minutes before they knock on the door for you to make the check out. Room service? they dont have this words on their dictionary, in 4 days my room didn`t see any type of room cleaning.

TRUST ME, YOU DONT WANNA GO TO THIS HOSTAL!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends