1,078 results
All reviews vallcarca metro station rooftop pool residential area clean hotel staff on reception hotel is situated buffet breakfast double room central barcelona city break stops europe kettle ramblas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Spent quite a bit of effort finding this hotel after existing the underground train. Had to walk up a hill! Dainty little room in a quiet neighborhood, but most taxi drivers have no problems finding it after simply say "Hotel Catalonia". It is NOT that easy to find the way to walk to Parc Guell but going downtown on autobus was easy enough. It's a good value considering the room is sufficiently equipped, and the hotel provides free wi-fi and comes with a cafe with BIG breakfast selection. The bathroom was dimly lit, bed was a bit stiff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank echoytx
Reviewed 9 October 2011

not like your typical tiny european room. clean and has a wonderful view of the city. you could get two double beds turned into 1. you would have to catch a train or bus to go to the city though. a short ride away.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I just spent 3 nights in the Catalonia Park Guell, formerly known as the Catalonia Rubens. The price was 195 Euros, which we found very reasonable for Barcelona. Finding free parking was a bit challenging but we were fortunate enough that the local Guardia Urbana offered to move their vehicle (parked in a nearby street) to let us park our car (thanks, folks!!!). If you are driving a vehicle, your best bet may be parking it and using public transportation while in Barcelona.

We enjoyed our stay, and would not hesitate going back again.

Pros: Reasonably priced, clean, AC in the room, friendly staff.
Cons: No fridge in the room, finding free parking can be difficult.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank El-Pescador007
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I came from England to Barcelona in 2010 for a school trip with some of the students. We stayed at the Catalonia Park Guell hotel and what a hotel it is! The service there was excellent and the people who worked there were very friendly and made time to talk to my friends and even practise our Spanish with us! They were also focused on their work and tried everything they could to make us enjoy our stay at the hotel, and they succeeded. The lobby made a pleasing first impression for me as the atmosphere was very positive with its beautiful bar and relaxing seating area. I stayed in a room with two other people which was splendid and also very spacious as there were lots of places for our luggage and belongings to be stored in. The T.V also gave my friends and I entertainment in the room. The bathroom was also very clean and it provided us with the amenities that we needed i.e soap, shampoo etc... Everyday we would have breakfast and dinner in the hotel as well. I especially liked the wide range of foods to choose from at the open buffet as the food provided was delicious. The price was also very satisfactory as breakfast and dinner were included in the payment.
I do not travel to Europe a lot but this hotel was one of the best I have stayed at when I go on holiday. This hotel was one of the many things that made my trip to Barcelona fantastic! Overall, a terrific hotel which I would recommend to anyone who would like to stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah579
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Advantages:
- room with excellent view
- really nice location (green area, calm, close to Park Guell)
- very close to the metro station (Vallcarca), so excellent connection to City Centre
- nice service
- clean rooms (incl. bathroom)
- reasonable price

Minor disadvantages:
- too expensive breakfast (it is better to go to one of the bars on Argentina street)
- noisy air conditioning
- once we tried to change our room due to lack of twin bed (two separate beds were only available), we were offered much less attractive room (no view, old TV, small size) . In the end we decided to stay in our cosy room with two separate beds :)

Room Tip: try to get the rooms with a view (upper floors)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends