“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Bergen, Norway
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I love my stay in Barcelona and the hotel was nice and clean.
The location off the hotel was fine, and the best restaurant La Rita was just down the street.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamejo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel itself is very nice, and to get fairly large rooms and new and clean for the price charged seemed like a good deal. But there is a catch. For a tourist, I don't think this is an ideal location. If you decide to stay here, I'll tell you how to mitigate the location issue. But I stayed here at the beginning of a trip to Spain and then, at the end of my trip, I stayed in the Gothic Quarter where yes you will get a smaller room for the money, but in my opinion, better location wins. The Location issue is not one of safety - it's a perfectly safe neighborhood - it's just too quiet and has little to choose from in terms of restaurants, cafes, or bars within say 4 or 5 blocks of the hotel. Stay in the Gothic Quarter or the Born or La Ravel and places will be all around right out of your hotel. If you do choose the Europark, learn right away that the "Girona" metro stop is only one block from the hotel and buy the 10-trip metro ticket. The metro system is excellent in Barcelona. I never waited more than 4 minutes for a train and none of the service interruptions that are a regular part of DC life. In 3 stops you are in the heart of the Gothic Quarter, so you can be there 15 minutes after leaving the hotel. I may be wrong but I read that the metro stops at midnight, so be aware of that or you'll get stuck cabbing back to the hotel, although I read that cabs are reasonable there, but I never took one. About two or three blocks west and a half block north of the hotel is Cafe Emma, which is good for breakfast or a meal. Tapas 24 a famous tapas place is about 5 or 6 blocks away, but that's about it. Do not go to an Italian place called La Tagliatella. Again, hop on the metro and you'll get to a neighborhood with limitless choices.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelerBobDc
Holland, Pa USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

From the minute I arrived on Tuesday morning April 17th, I knew I made the right choice of hotels for my week long trip to Barcelona to spend some time with my son, who is studying abroad here. My room was ready for me when I arrived at 11:00 AM along with some chocolates and the friendliest staff I've ever experienced (and I travel quite a bit). Te rooms are extremely comfortable, great bed and bathroom and I was in a superior room with a balcony facing Arago on the 6th floor. Everyti e I needed directions for a restaurant or the best way to navigate the metro or a, 'How do I get here' question, I not only received easy directions with a smile but a map with a highlighted path drawn on it. I never got lost. When I purchased some French cheese at an artisans market in the Ramblas and came back to the EuroPark, the staff at the bar on the first floor gave me a knife, fork and napkin to make the snack easier to serve.From making dinner eservations to suggestions when to walk and take the metro, they were so helpful. the location of the hotel is incredible. 3 short blocks to Passieg de Gracia shopping, a 15 minute walk down Catalunya to Las Ramblas and walki g distance to Sagrada Famillia (Gaudi). There is an amazing supermarket and fruit and bread market on the next block on Arago and many restaurants and coffee places in the neighborhood. The Geronia metro stop is a block away and connects one stop up at Plassieg de Gracia which gives you a choice of most routes. I a still here till Tuesday morning, today is Sunday and I will not only miss Barcelona immensely, but the EuroPark as well. I will definitely be back to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, the fresh air feels wonderful
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
WILTSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I've been a bit slow in writing as I stayed here in January with my husband and some friends.

However, I just wanted to say how great this hotel was. I'd spent many nights researching where to stay and I wasn't disappointed. (Good ole TA!)

This hotel is in a good location near to all the shops and is very close to the metro station for easy access to the rest of the delights of Barcelona. There are a few little cafes nearby where you can pick up coffee and pastries for breakfast for less than 3 euros.

The hotel room was great. Very clean, with modern decor. Great toiletries box in the bathroom and a very well stocked, reasonably priced minibar. The bed was comfy and the pillows were good. Our friends had a room that looked out onto the main road which they found very noisy but our inside room was fine.

We didn't find time to use many facilities but the pool area looked great for a little dip when the weather is good. The hotel reception staff were always friendly and helpful and they provided a left luggage room at the end of our stay.

I would recommend this hotel and would return. I did love the old town area though and would potentially stay there if I went again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank NORTHY1971
Charleston sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Hotel is friendly and clean. Great service. Close to metro, bus stop, and walking distance to all attractions. The hotel has beautiful rooms and lots of space for the price. About 15 min walking distance From tourist locations, close enough to feel convenient but far enough away that you feel the local culture. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012