“Excellent japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We were really surprised! A small japanese restaurant in the neighbourhood of Les Corts. Nice food and raw material. We ate nigiri, sashimi, california rolls and some japanese traditional dishes. A very nice dinner.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Surprising high quality Japanese restaurant close to the Francesc Macià square, and not so far away from the Sants train station.

Every course we tried was really delicious: nigiri was fresh, pasta soup was really tasty and the cod and mushrooms tempura with black salt was simply outstanding. Desserts were surprisingly good too, I would recommend the brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Apart from the usual selection of Japanese beers, the drinks menu included a fine selection of local and German craft beers.

The staff was welcoming and efficient, it offered wise advice and made us feel comfortable. There was too much noise in the ambiance though, mostly coming from large tables.

Portions were small and prices were not exactly cheap, but considering the superb quality, they seemed fairly reasonable to me.

One the best Japanese restaurants we have visited in Barcelona for a long time. Recommended! We will come back for sure.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

This restaurant located in Les Corts, near "l'illa" offers a traditional japanese food where you can find japanese people eating.

If you go, you cannot forget to taste the "Nabeyaki curri", rice with breaded pork with curry and cheese, the best of the restaurant.

Fantastic price-quality ratio, real japanese food and friendly staff, but a little bit expensive. However, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Japanese restaurant with different types of menus. Good sushi, the service is very kind. A good option to run away from the standard Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Having been in Barcelona for several days on vacation, and having eaten a lot of tapas, I needed a little break in the action, so I scoped out something completely different: Japanese. La cuina de l'Uribou did a great job in that capacity. I ordered the mixed nigiri with 6 maki, and though the variety of fish wasn't large, the fish was high quality, correctly portioned (one nigiri was one bite), and delicious. I also ordered the spicy tuna maki, which were also quite good and very satisfying. My girlfriend had the cold soba noodles on special, which were delicious, we had steamed edamame to start, which were refreshing and tasty, and we shared the green tea tiramisu and lime ginger sorbet for dessert. Both were great. The staff was friendly, and I liked the atmosphere. I'd go back if I were in town again.