“Codl food, not good”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Absolute dizaster. First waiting for waiter to show up for ages. Food cold, veal escalope rock hard and looked like it was prepared days ago. Three of us had to share one knife - it was impossible to get another. Salad not prepared - want oil and vinrgar - you should go and get it yourself. Wine recemmendation was not good. However, tables and setting was good and the view was spectacular - you can see magic fountains from above

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The location is great, the ambient is great, the girl who accepted us was verty nice and friendly, good english speaker but...

I ordered a vheale medalions with some creamy cheese (it was a brie cheese) and potato. After our order the food came quickly but unfortunatly mine was served cold and the patato was swiming in fat. The medalions were really small so if you’re really hungry, don’t expect to much. My boyfriend ordered a pork steak and fries and the fries was served cold... it was obvious that the potato was prepared in advance and heated up. We also orderd a green salat but instead of green we get mixed salat.

We didn’t have the dessert.

Location: *****
Food: *
Service: ****
Price: *** (to expensive for still being hungry)

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant in May 2017 with my partner. Things have gotten worse since then! This time, the service was very bad: when we mentioned some allergies, the waiter just panicked. After he had told us that everything was fine with our order, he came back to tell us that the appetizers that we had chosen were not longer compatible with our allergies; funny thing was that we could not change the order because the cook "had already prepared it". Bad luck also for the main dishes: tasteless. BTW he only let us have a look at the list of the wines after that we asked him three times for it: "the restaurant didn't have any list" he said and suddenly it appeared (as well as the prices!). What a pity! We really used to like this place in the past. Now, we would not recommend it anymore!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We ate here after visiting the nearby spectacular Magic Fountain display (separate review) and first enjoyed a stroll around the top of the Arenas building with nighttime views over the rooftops of Barcelona.
There are many restaurants to choose from at this location, but we were not disappointed that we plumped for this restaurant.
I chose the evening set menu, which I felt was reasonable value at 28 euros considering the number of courses, bread, beer, that were included. My wife (less greedy than me) opted for one dish from the main menu.
Can’t now remember the exact dishes we chose (reviewing 10 days later) but can recall it being a pleasant culinary experience with helpful and friendly waiters.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Our first impressions were good but things went rapidly downhill from there!

Located on the top floor of the Arenas Mall, the restaurant enjoys a lovely location. As we walked around the circular boardwalk, a staff member outside the restaurant told us that they specialise in Catalan barbecued food and showed us the menu (in English). She was very pleasant and the menu looked good, so we decided to eat dinner there. The same young lady showed us to a table and left us with menus - and then the waiting began.

After 30 minutes of waiting, no wait staff had visited our table to take our order (or even to say anything). I had to go back to the front door and tell the young lady that we were still waiting for service. She had a waiter come to attend to us - he had been standing nearby doing nothing for at least five minutes.

We managed to order food for the two of us, but I also wanted to order food to take away with us for my daughter. This caused great confusion and required four different wait-staff to visit the table before one of them understood what I was asking. Then we had to wait again.

Meanwhile, similar confusion was occurring at the adjacent table where a family of four was struggling to get their food. After eating their starters, the waiter tried to take their dessert order, despite their repeated assertions that they were still waiting for their main courses to arrive.

Finally, our drinks arrived - at the same time as our meals and a small plate of olives. The steak that I'd ordered to be cooked medium-rare was well done. It was not good and, when I got the bill, I realised that I had been served a cheaper cut of steak rather than the better 'Holstein entrecote' that I had ordered. At least my wife's steak dinner tasted good.

Problems continued for the group next to us who had got their main courses but were now struggling to get the waiter to understand that they had ordered from the set three-course menu and wanted their desserts. They were so frustrated that they were threatening to leave.

We watched two waiters in obvious confusion as they talked with each other to try to understand the orders at each table - despite the orders being entered directly into electronic tablets by the waiters. It was clear that the restaurant has either inexperienced or incompetent wait staff. As well as a kitchen that is incapable of cooking a steak to the required level of 'doneness'.

Several minutes later, our takeaway order arrived and we were glad to pay the bill and get out of there. We will never return. When we got back to our apartment, my daughter was unable to finish the takeaway food because it was too salty.