“Rating reduced to 1 due to manager!”

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #154 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Since she did not consider my email worthy of a response. Am attaching it below.

This hotel has no regard for loyal Hilton rewards members, the staff is clearly in line with their unconcerned manager. I no longer blame the staff, not when their manager is aloof. She never bothered to respond to me!

Date: September 12, 2017 at 7:08:43 PM CDT
Subject: My current stay at your hotel

Hello Francesc,

I am currently staying at your hotel and as a Hilton loyalist, I thought it's better that I reach out to you instead of putting a negative review on TripAdvisor.

A few things have greatly disappointed me at your facility. I went to the front desk to inquire if your staff would allow me a late check out. Granted, having spent 120 nights at Hilton hotels this year alone, I am aware of the logistics and the considerations that I am awarded as a diamond member. What shocked me was your front desk not even asking me how much extension I was looking for or even what my room was in order to pretend to even attempt to accommodate me. I had inform the gentleman that as A Diamond, I am often reasonably accommodated. He still didn't bother to even put a note on my file. All I got was a firm no. And by the way if you are curious, I only needed an extra hour!

Now, I stay at your hotels more than my own house to know that you don't finish cleaning all your rooms at the same exact time such that it wouldn't kill your staff to allow me an extra hour at a hotel brand where I spend thousands of dollars each month!

2nd issue, you free breakfast was one of the most limiting spread that I have seen at a Hilton (notice I did not say Doubletree). There was no hot item (no eggs, no oatmeal, even though I don't eat eggs) There was nothing these for a vegan, except toast or cereal if I ate it with no milk. Oh, there was kiwi fruit too. Of course I asked front desk if there was any other options, but nop!!!! None. Even though you have a restaurant in this facility that serves vegetarian breakfast. Staying here was not worth the amount of points that I spent.

The only positive thing that left an impression for me was housekeeping and Omar. Otherwise I would have left for Diagonal Mar!

Regards!

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mumias
Francesc D, Front Desk Manager at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Mumias,
First of all I would like to extend my apology for not getting a ropply at the due time.
Regarding the late check out request, sometimes at busy periods we are not able to honour the request but under no circumstances should we declined the request without checking the availability. I have addressed this issue to the Reception Team to ensure this doesn´t happen again and more training has been done among the team.
At the same time the lack of options at the continental breakfast have already been informed to the F&B Manager.
I hope the negative aspect during your stay didn´t affect your overall experience while visiting Barcelona and once again I express my sincere apologies.

Francesc Dalmau

Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My family and I stayed here before and after a Disney cruise. Easy cab ride from the airport. If I remember correctly, about 40 euros (6 people).

ROOMS - Our first room was a king junior suite on the top floor. It overlooked the pool (no balcony). It was very spacious and had a sleeper sofa. Room was clean and bathroom was spacious. It also had a walk-in close which was nice. One note. It was very hot when we there and I felt that the a/c couldn't quite cool the room completely since it was top floor.

Our second stay was in a room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the Rambla de Catalunya. The room was smaller, but it had amazing balcony overlooking the street. Great people watching and all around gorgeous urban view.

Breakfast was included as a gold honors member. It was a selection of pastries, cereal, meats, bread, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice. We were satisfied with the breakfast.

Location - fantastic location. We walked to the old town area and La Sagrada Familia. La Sagrada was probably a 20 minute walk and the gothic area was about 20 minutes as well. Lots of restaurants, shopping, and bars in the area. Easy to catch a cab. However, be careful trying to catch a cab from the beach near the end of the day. It was quite an ordeal to find an empty cab. No Uber in Barcelona.

There is a nice bar in the hotel with a great selection of meats and cheeses.

We would stay here again. You'll have no regrets. Staff was very nice and accommodating. However, we would also look in the Born neighborhood. Amazing area as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Francesc D, Front Desk Manager at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Ben M,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed our Hotel during your two recent stays in Barcelona and you had the chance to experience our different room categories, and our very nice Patio Bar by the swimming pool.
I will personally pass your comments to our hotel staff who strive to provide the best service.
We are very fortunate to be in the best area of the city, either for shopping or to experience the finest restaurants in Barcelona.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

As soon as we walked into the hotel, we were welcomed and treated very well. Francisco, Omar, and the whole staff were so pleasant and it was obvious that they really wanted us as their guests to have a great experience. Our room in the Hilton Honors member section of the first floor was spacious and tastefully decorated. We greatly enjoyed everything about our stay from the location to the services as well as to the comfort of the room. We would definitely go back and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan B,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with the room location.

Our hotel team as a whole always strive to provied the highest standards of service and will personally pass your comments to Francisco and Omar who are well valued team members.

We hope you choose our Hotel for your next visit to Barcelona and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Francesc D

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Friendly team, without being intrusive. Excellent location. Close enough to walk to La Rambla - far enough to escape the crowds. I felt safe walking on my own back to the hotel late at night. Only downside was that it does not have a rooftop bar like most other hotels in Barcelona.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Yolandis,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel location but we are sorry you didn´t like we do not have a terrace bar.

For your next visit I highly recommend our Patio Bar by the swimming pool where you can enjoy dinner and drinks in a very nice and relaxed area.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our checking into to the hotel was great and the staff were knowledgeable about where to go out to eat. However, we didn't realize that we had booked rooms during Cataluña day. OMG...it was packed in front of the hotel and then the hotel was full of paraders paying to eat at the restaurant so there was nowhere to sit. We had a bought a piece of cake and coffee from BuenasMigas and brought it back to eat at the patio since there were no seats anywhere inside the hotel. We asked the receptionist if we could bring our goods to the patio and he said it was ok since it was packed at the hotel. We went upstairs to enjoy our last afternoon here in Barcelona and one of the workers comes over and says "This is not allowed" (referring to eating outside baked goods and coffee). He proceeded to make us leave the patio without letting us finish our baked goods and coffee. That's horrible customer service considering you're paying $250/night and we had two rooms ($500/per night and we stayed multiple nights)...it was unacceptable, especially when the hotel was overrun with people from the parades and didn't have seats for paying guests in the common areas. Need to work on your customer service. Definitely would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Corinna A

Dear Corinna,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay I we deeply apologise you didn´t feel our service did not meet your expectations. As you may know, for health ans safety reasons it´s not allowed to bring food or drinks from outside in any outlet where food and beverages are prepared and served. I have confirmed with the Front Desk Team they misunderstood when you asked them if you can have food in the Patio Bar as they didn´t know you were bringing your own food from outside.
This year in particular Cataluña day was particularly crowded due to the political situation in the country and we had not expected the hotel would be affected.
Once again I do apologise for your bad experience and we hope you may still consider staying with us again in any future visit to Barcelona.