1,053 results
All reviews park guell lesseps metro nice hotel quiet area swimming pool decent location minute walk great view of the city nice stay choose this hotel metro line wi fi hotel bar hotel is located breakfast was excellent central barcelona la rambla
Reviewed 26 September 2018

A nice hotel. Good quality and great if you want to be a bit off the beaten track. Close to metro and buses, and great little streets away from La Rambla and other packed places. Quiet and charming neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PUTXET_DIRECCION, Subdirección at Catalonia Park Putxet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Mari,

Thank you for your post and review after your stay at Hotel Catalonia Park Putxet highlighting good quality, close to the metro and bus and quiet neighborhood.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Barcelona. We will be happy to recieve you with open arms.

Warm greeting from the whole team.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here recently on a surprise trip with my fiancé to the beautiful city of Barcelona. I was a little worried as I booked everything myself via booking.com and as it was a surprise I wanted everything to go smoothly. Some of the negative reviews on here had me worried that perhaps I had chose the wrong hotel. On arrival at barcelona airport we followed signs for the train, it is quite a walk. We bought a t10 metro ticket, ten journeys for €10.20 and the airport run is included in this on the train- really good value! It took about twenty five minutes to get to the second stop Passeig de Gracia where we changed onto the green L3 metro line and travelled for a couple stops to Lesseps, which is the closest metro stop to this hotel. At this stage we used google maps to find the hotel, a short ten/fifteen minute walk. Yes, there is a slight but long incline which can be a tough walk in 28degree heat but ignore the reference to Everest that someone made on here before!! We arrived just before lunch and although our room wasn’t ready we were checked in and paid, so it was just a matter of collecting our key later. They also securely stored our bags for us and we went on up to the rooftop pool on the 6th floor to pass the time. Yes it’s quite a small area, i counted about eleven or twelve loungers, some seats and a couple of table and chairs but we always managed to get a lounger, even if we had to take a seat for a few minutes until one became free. Half the area is covered over, half not so plenty of options for sun worshippers or sun burners! One major plus for me was the abundance of plugs everywhere, always useful for keeping the phone charged! The pool is smallish but I thought it was big enough personally and yes it’s cold but once you’re in it, it’s a beautiful way of cooling down in the hot sun. And the views are spectacular!! The steps into the pool were broken when we were there, masked off with tape but you can easily get in and out anyway as it’s only 1metre deep. I think it’s a shame they don’t make more use of this area, open a small bar up here! And play some decent music, not ‘relaxing’ piano music repeated all day! When we got our key into our room we were delighted to find we had a balcony- small with one sun lounger and not much of a view looking out onto the backyard of people’s flats but all the same we were delighted as it caught the sun in the morning and was a perfect place to sit and have a few drinks in the evening. The room itself had a huge bed (two singles pushed together but you would never have known), plenty of mirrors including a full length one, plenty of plugs including ones at the bedside, air con, a safe and a fridge. Everything was very clean and the bed was really comfortable, although the pillows were so soft I actually had a sore neck after the first night. WiFi was free, easy to connect to and strong throughout our stay. There was a few English speaking channels on the tv. We stayed on a room only rate so I can’t comment on breakfast but we did eat in the hotel a few times, trying lots of different things from the menu including the club sandwich (my personal fave), burger, bruschetta (so much garlic it was spicy but I’m a garlic fan), nachos (huge portion) and pizza. All of which were reasonably priced and really tasty. The fries with the burger and club sandwich on our first day did come out completely raw so the next time we ordered them we asked for the fries to be well done and they came out perfect! Cocktails are €10 and there is a menu although they can also make you what you want, I got a Sex on the Beach and although it was definitely different from any I’ve had previous it was still very tasty and refreshing. A small beer is €3. The average lunch of two mains and two drinks cost €30ish. Staff were friendly enough throughout our stay and spoke good English. There is a gym on the first floor, which looked reasonable. The hotel is located in a residential area and tbh the local people in the nearby shops could do with some customer service training! There is a shop within ten minutes whatever direction you go in from the hotel and a pharmacy just across the road. It was a twenty minute walk to Park Guell- now this is Everest! The walk includes seven (!!!) elevators on the street so that will perhaps give you an idea how steep we’re talking. But definitely worth the walk! I would stay here again one hundred percent if ever I return to Barcelona, it’s hard to fault our stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bf329
PUTXET_DIRECCION, Subdirección at Catalonia Park Putxet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comment after your stay at the Hotel Catalonia Park Putxet.

We are pleased to know that your stay is to your liking as well as all the details that you comment in a positive way. As for the points of improvement, we take note to improve ourselves day by day in search of the excellence of the service.

We wish to see you again on your next visit to Barcelona and recommend us as an accommodation option in the city, we will be happy to welcome you once again with open arms.

Get a warm one from the team.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Such a easy and relaxing stay with very helpful and polite staff, would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Barcelona, easy to reach by public transport and it's a quiet area if you would like a quiet stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PUTXET_DIRECCION, Subdirección at Catalonia Park Putxet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Meander,

Thank you for your review and score after your stay at Catalonia Park Putxet highlighting relaxing stay, helpfull staff, easy connection with public transport and quite area.

We hope to see you soon again and recommend us for the following times. We will be hayy to recieve you with open arms.

Warm greeting from the whole team.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

room is very small,you can hear everything what is happening in other rooms cause walls are soo thin.
never seen worst door to bathroom(glass door with big holes between door and frame so you can hear if someone is using toilet, it is very awkward). we had so many ants in our room which I reported to one of the staff on the reception but nothing was done, I was just ignored. this is not a 4* hotel, very overpriced food and drinks. however very nice staff in restaurant. way to the hotel is very tiring as hotel is located on the hill. nice roof area but pool is very small. I do not recomand it to anyone. I am very disappoited that we chose this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
PUTXET_DIRECCION, Subdirección at Catalonia Park Putxet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Magdalena,

We regret that your stay has not been to your liking despite your good words about the treatment by the team. Regarding noise, I inform you that we are working on an improvement of rooms as well as facilities. Regarding the ants, we regret what happened and that there is no remedy, although we usually treat these incidents with care and dedication to avoid relapses and new appearances.

I invite you to come back again to give us an opportunity for improvement and you can experience a more than pleasant stay and change your point of view.

Receive a warm greeting from the entire team.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Away for our 20th Wedding Anniversary to find we were put in a twin room.... Room was changed to 137 which must of been the furthest away from reception in the whole hotel.

Room was clean on arrival, but only basically cleaned each day. Bed was made, no top up of the 2 tea bags, milk etc. Had to get more from reception.

Woken 3 mornings at 8am with construction noise, told it was not the hotels problem.

Breakfast was ample and very good.
Disappointing bar closed at 11pm every night and was charged for items on my room which we did not have in bar.

Pool was small - 8 people and it would be full, no chance of swimming in there.

Nice small Gym which was free.

May come back to this hotel, only a 5 min walk to a great Metro system.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple