Open today: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Boqueria & St Caterina Markets with Food & Tapas Small Group Tour

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mercat Santa Caterina
All reviews jamon gothic quarter meats taqueria stalls roof tourists wavy merchants ramblas
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2024 via mobile

This market is a wonderful way to see the true Barcelona, where locals come to shop. It is a wonderful small market, full of fish and meat vendors. If you have the time worth the visit.

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 23 January 2024 via mobile

For those seeking a local, more spacious and less touristy market then this could be one for your visit.

We came on a weekday around noon and it was very quiet inside. Individual counters were selling fresh seafood, meats, and fruits and vegetables. There was a coffee and pastry shop in the front and a place in the back selling local dishes by the kilogram.

We ended up picking up some iberico jamon and salchichon sausage that we snacked on along with a fresh baguette and fruit we also purchased.

Another reason to check out the market is the unique wavy roof above. Colorful tiles on the outside and wooden inside added to the distinctiveness.

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 28 October 2023

Without mentioning any of the other market places I visited by name, this was the most genuine of the food markets I visited i Barcelona. I came back the last day of my visit to buy some jamon snd queso just because of that. Besides seeming more genuine the prices were a lot more reasonable than at some of the other places...

Date of experience: October 2023
3  Thank Patrik L
Reviewed 2 September 2023 via mobile

Lovely market with loads of different things to see I never thought there was as many different types of food in one place.

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 9 January 2023

Be aware of the store on the left, with a lot of notices in different languages (obviously this is a store for tourists)
they put cheap price tags on the products and sell you to buy some of their wines
eventually i bought some ham and cheese because it was very cheap compared to other stores in the market.
The total price was around USD 20, I paid with my debit card
but after leaving the market, I immediately found that they have input USD 30 into the card machine
I would blame myself for being careless and trust the merchant there too much
that was obviously a scam
Please pay extra attention when you pay with debit/credit card there
make sure the amount is right

Date of experience: November 2022