Open today: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Boqueria & St Caterina Markets with Food & Tapas Small Group Tour

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mercat Santa Caterina
All reviews jamon gothic quarter meats taqueria stalls roof tourists wavy merchants ramblas
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

You can go to the market and afterwards go to the restaurant where they cook all the fresh ingredients picked daily. Make a reservation it gets busy quickly.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Amazing place.... Fresh food the likes of which I have never seen. Sheeps heads and skinned rabbits are a treat with a hangover but worth it for a wander around the amazing counters. Very interesting place.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

If I had this food market on my doorstep I'd be the most well fed and healthiest person ever! It's almost an assault on the senses with the colourful array of fruit & veg and the fabulous smells. One stall does at least 10 different varieties of tomato, so colourful and beautiful.
We sampled the sushi from one stall which was really beautiful. Fresh tuna plucked from the sea.
Certainly well worth a visit and away from the tourist hordes. Very localised and authentic. I love this place.

1  Thank andi_wilson
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This is an EMBT architecture project. And it's a very nice market and it's not crowded. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

There are several markets in Barcelona, however this one in the Gotic neighborhood is my favorite. At this excellent market you can buy very fresh seafood, meats, cheeses, produce and so much more. Some stalls serve food assembled in front of you. We ate calamarcitos plancha, parrillada de verdure (vegetables), and fish and chips at l'Univers. l'Univers is one of the stalls in the market which sells food to sit down customers. If I lived in Barcelona, I would go there for lunch and to buy produce several times a week.