“Sterling Hotel”

Ranked #67 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was here for the World LNG Series event organised by CWC.

The venue is very plush and prestige and quite flawless to be frank. Stunning location next to the Marina and easy transport links.

The rooms are clean, tidy, top end and not to be faulted. The food is exquisite and on point.

Customer service is superior and the staff are all very friendly.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 days (8 - 11 May, 2012).

Liked:

- First impressions (nice hotel foyer, beautiful flowers).
- Nice and fairly big rooms, but it seems rooms need updating.
- Friendly staff.

Baffled:

- No free drinks in the room, no welcoming flowers, no fruits and nothing free extras.
- Non-quality bath accessories from China.
- Strange elevators (there are only 2 elevators from lobby to 1st floor, 6 elevators from 1st floor to my room on 24 floor. And you need one more elevator to get to the top floor).

Disappointed:

- Overpriced breakfast (42€).
- Astronomic prices at minibar.
- Shoking price for Internet access (25€ per day per one device!). Heyyy!!! 400...500€ at night and no free Internet? Get over yourself, today is 2012! :-)

Resume:

Nice hotel, but overpriced.

Room Tip: We stayed here for 3 days (8 - 11 May, 2012). Liked: - First impressions (nice hotel foyer, be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shupruta
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Shupruta,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to send us this detailed feedback. Your opinion helps us to evaluate and improve our service.

I regret that your visit to Hotel Arts did not meet your expectations and I assure you to follow up the negative aspects you have mentioned in your message.

I would be very pleased to have the opportunity of discussing your experience in more detail and I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000 or by mail writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com. I am looking forward to receiving your message and to answering your call or e-mail personally.

Thank you in advance for your message and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in order to give you the excellent treat you deserve. Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here very recently for a business trip and found the rooms to be incredibly spacious and beautifully laid out. I was fortunate to have a corner room with a spectacular view. Sadly the lack of hot water at 7:30 in the morning was a real let down. A hotel of this size and reputation really has no excuse for no hot water. It's a real shame as every other aspect of my stay was faultless.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank freqflyerSS

Dear freqflyerSS,

Thank you for having taken your time to send us your comments. I appreciate your personal feedback since it helps us to improve ourselves.

I sincerely regret the incidence you had during your stay and I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies. Please be sure that we will check up on this issue in order to avoid these shortcomings in the future.

Moreover, I would like to invite you to send us a more detailed feedback on your stay. If you like, you can always contact us writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000. It will be my pleasure to personally return your call or e-mail.

I hope to welcome you again soon in order to give you the excellent experience you deserve. Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We just arrived home last night after an amazing weekend in Barcelona and If anyone is visiting the city for a few days and is looking for that something special, I would definitely recommend the Hotel Arts. The location is perfect, right next to the marina and the beach, the bedrooms are huge, the service is friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic and the breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever eaten. The bedrooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are huge. The only thing I would watch is the honor bar in the bedroom and the coffee machine, it's not cheap!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Arts for 3 nights during a short business trip to Barcelona. The hotel staff were everywhere, attending to every need. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to Puerto Olimpico and Barceloneta areas.

Rooms are very comfortable and modern.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Barcelona hotels
Barceloneta
Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
El Palace Hotel
El Palace Hotel
#6 of 515 in Barcelona
Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Mercer Hotel Barcelona
#3 of 515 in Barcelona

Been to Hotel Arts Barcelona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Arts Barcelona

Address: Marina 19-21, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
Region: Spain > Catalonia > Province of Barcelona > Barcelona > Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Barcelona
#11 Business Hotel in Barcelona
#11 Spa Hotel in Barcelona
#17 Family Hotel in Barcelona
#25 Green Hotel in Barcelona
#25 Romantic Hotel in Barcelona
#56 Luxury Hotel in Barcelona
Price Range: $315 - $2,114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Arts Barcelona 5*
The pristine Hotel Arts Barcelona guides guests through relaxation through a myriad of luxurious accommodations. Surrounded by the picturesque backdrop of Barcelona, the landscape will leave you in awe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Arts Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Arts Hotel Barcelona