“Great getaway...fantastic hotel”

Ranked #64 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was a great location and easy to take off and walk this beautiful city of Barcelona! We stayed for six nights - the staff was outstanding and always willing to help. My wife used the spa and said it was incredible.

A few items of note: I did not appreciate 25 euro for wireless access. I thought is was a bit excessive. they do offer one free hour per day in the lobby....gee, thanks.

I would suggest you use restaurant suggestions from trip advisor instead of the concierge - for some reason they suggested a few mediocre restaurants that were just pricey - stick with Trip Advisor.

Breakfast at the hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear CHD3,

thank you for having taken your time to send us your opinion. Your feedback helps us to improve ourselves and I appreciate your collaboration.

I am glad that your overall experience was good but I regret that the recommendations of our concierge staff did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for that.

I furthermore invite you to send us any further comment or observation on your visit to Hotel Arts. Please feel free to contact me personally writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or at 93 221 10 00. Thank you in advance and it will be my pleasure to return your call or e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Arts Barcelona

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Arts hotel for 4 days. We deliberately booked based on recommendations (both on here and from friends) and were very happy. Arrival is a bit strange, as you need to get a lift to reception but check in was very smooth and courteous. We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and requested a high floor and were given a fantastic view from the 25th floor. Very quiet!! The breakfast is one of the best we have had in a hotel and the opportunity to sit outside in the sun is a lovely way to start the day. Breakfast is served until11:30 - another bonus, especially if you use the blackout blinds in the rooms!! A great spot to explore the harbour and the beach with some nice restaurants nearby. Would recommend Bestial. The Arts is a few minutes walk to the metro and the tourist bus goes from just outside so very handy to get around the rest of Barcelona quickly and efficiently.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing panoramic views and the large windows with the window cushions give you r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Sorry,
This was one of my worst stays in a hotel.
On average I stay more then 100 days a year in a hotel and this was not nice.
25 Euro for 24 hours of 'high speed internet' who was terrible slow.
I was with my wife a couple of days before my busininess in Barcelona in a small cozy hotel were they even had free internet.
All my water cranes where turned to the hottest stand every day. (and you can t see clearly what stond its on)
Breakfast chares a rates that is way over what you get for it.
This is a total rip off with a SMILE (from the staff)
They even try to charge you (my collegue) for minibar-goods you didn't use.
A lot of noise in the hall during the night gives you not a good night rest.

Room Tip: Don t go there.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Filip K

Dear Filip K,

thank you for having taken your time to send us your opinion. I appreciate your comments because they help us to review our service and improve ourselves.

Please accept my most sincere apologies that your experience at Hotel Arts was not to your satisfaction. I sincerely regret the shortcomings you’ve mentioned and I assure you to check up on these incidents.

In order to resolve the situation of your experiences with regard to your stay at Hotel Arts, we would be glad if you would allow me to personally contact you within the next few days. Please write me an e-mail to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com and tell me how I can reach you. It will be my pleasure to give you a personal call or e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I absolutely loved the hotel. The rooms were large and well decorated. I would definitely stay there again. GREAT PLACE, great food too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We just returned from a 4-day stay at Hotel Arts, and the place is spectacular: we had a gorgeous view of the beach; stunning bathroom and comfortable bed with extra room to move around; and spectacular service. We were celebrating our anniversary, and Jessica at the front desk arranged a wonderful surprise in our room to help us celebrate, and then checked in on us throughout our stay to make sure we were having fun and answer any questions about the city. The rest of the staff was equally attentive and wonderful, spending lots of time mapping out touristing itineraries for us, recommending restaurants, etc. Our only minor gripes: the hotel is a bit at the end of town and a long walk to get to Barrio Gotico, but it's near a metro stop. Also, there is a charge for wifi in the rooms--it's free in the lobby but only for one hour every 24 hours. But these are very minor complaints for the oasis of this beautiful hotel and the wonderful service. We'd definitely return and recommend it heartily.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple