“Not wowed ”

Ranked #19 of 775 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Park Guell is one of the masterpieces of the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi, who projected it in 1900. Inaugurated as a public park in 1926, it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984, reconizing its patrimonial and cultural value as a symbol of modern architecture, being one of the biggest exponents of Gaudi's modernism. This playful urban park, the work of architect Antoni Gaudi, features peaceful greens, winding paths and many sculptures and mosaics designed by Gaudi himself. We recommend the following options for ensuring that you arrive on time at the Park Guell Monument Precinct: - Metro (green line, get off at Lesseps or Vallcarca). When you leave the station, you’ll have a walk of about 20-25 minutes. - City bus (lines H6 and 32). When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 15 minutes. - City bus (lines 92 and 24). When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 5 minutes. - Barcelona City Tour and Bus Turistic. When you get off the bus, you’ll have a walk of about 10 minutes. - Taxi to Park Guell
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately there was a lot of restoration work going on so we perhaps couldn’t enjoy the full splendour. You can walk around the main park without paying and get a reasonable view of the main features but for me it missed something and it was very crowded even though they limit numbers. Don’t bother paying to see inside Gaudi’s house - we were told not much is original but read up on him before you visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (65,535)
All reviews
in 1,469 reviews
"guell"
in 1,365 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have wanted to go to Park Guell for many years, so was overjoyed to be able to go this year. I booked tickets on line for a specific time slot, and gave ourselves an hour and a half travel time from where we were staying, which was plenty of time. However, due to traffic issues, it took two and a half hours to get there. I knew we were going to be late so emailed, and got no response until much later that day saying hard luck.
When we arrived we were told we could still enter, but we had to wait there for 45 minutes. We had a disabled ticket, and I explained we couldn’t stand and wait there for that long due to our disability, but basically that was tough. So, we didn’t go in and I was incredibly upset by this. If I had not had a disability, then perhaps we could have stood there for the 45 minutes, but sadly I was not capable of this.

Other things to be aware of:
It is an incredibly steep and long walk from the Main Street to the gardens
There are a lot of very pushy hawkers right outside the grounds
All the gardens are very hilly

I understand that if everyone was late then that would cause issues, but surely there needs to be some flexibility somewhere in their procedures, especially as we had contacted them to tell them we would be late.

My advice is do not be late, or you lose your money and the chance to see the main bit of the park.

Health warning: if I hadn’t been so upset by not getting in, my review might have been better. However, it reflects my opinion of the park and the staff response from today.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The big beautiful park with unique architecture and the fantastic view of the city! You can walk in and enjoy it

Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you love La Sagrada Familia, check out Park Guell as well as Casa Mila. Together, these three pieces highlight Gaudi's style.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Was questioning whether to go when we were told the restricted ticket area was fully booked until 7pm. We did the free entry to the gardens and were amazed.

The views from the Park are excellent, aromatic planting mixed we beautiful blooms. We ventured up to the Stone cross. Beware here of pick pocket teams. They will block your movement faking taking a picture while a colleague will be in your back pack or pockets.

Would love to go back but get there early if you want a ticket to the restricted area. For me there is no point right now as big parts are under renovation anyway.

1  Thank Martyn F