3,099 results
All reviews la rambla converted theatre quirky hotel shower area great hotel paral lel rooftop terrace rooms are small sun loungers few minutes walk short stay city break metro station side street hotel is situated excellent location ramblas
Reviewed 1 May 2016

It is what a 3* is!!! Good base for visiting all the sights and decent walking distance to and from la rambla and el gotic. Staff very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Fresh towels and sheets daily. Would stay again. Thankyou.

Room Tip: A room with a window a must
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We travelled as a young(ish!) couple to Barcelona for a long weekend away in April. I did a lot of research into hotels before I committed to the Mimic and overall I'm happy with my choice. It wasn't overly expensive and I'm happy with the experience for the money paid.

Location

The location was spot on. We walked to the beach (20 minutes) and port area (10) everyday, and it never felt like a trek. La Rambla was 5 minutes and the gothic region was no more than 10. There are 2 metro stations nearby meaning we got to the Camp Nou in about 20 minutes and the fountains in 15. It felt very central and the fact it was so close to Nelson's Column meant you always had a location marker to head toward whilst you learn your way around.

Hotel

When it came to the hotel itself, again I was happy. The chap on reception was lovely, he spoke good English and recommended what to do and where to go. The check out time was midday (reasonable) and they even had a room to store your baggage if you were (like us) on a late flight home. On the roof to the hotel was a roof terrace and bar. This was a welcome addition that was surprisingly relaxing. Yes you can hear the city below but this only really added to the experience. The bar was well presented, and even had sun loungers to catch some rays. We spent a few hours up there sunbathing and drinking, which offered a nice change from the hustle and bustle of sight seeing. To be honest this alone made the hotel worth it as I imagine a lot of the other cheaper hotels don't have this option.

On the last day we finally went down to the basement bar (just to have a nosey). I'm gutted I didn't go down sooner as it was lovely. It was stylish, clean and comfortable, more so than the majority of bars and restaurants we visited in the city!

Rooms

The rooms themselves are clean, well decorated, and quite funky. The bed was comfy and the shower was excellent. The room was a little small, and the wardrobe situation is odd. There were no drawers or space to store your clothes other than a rail which had 5 hangers on it. There is a great big gap under the clothes rail which could have had some drawers or storage put there. The dead space seemed like a bit of a waste as our suitcases fit under the bed. To access our stuff we resorted to living out of our case, which isn't ideal.

The shower cubical is basically in the same room, which I personally thought was a bit of a bonus. I guess you will have to be very comfortable with your travel buddy but there is a curtain that divides the room to give you a privacy option.

Other than the storage, my only gripe with the room was how thin the walls seemed to be. You can hear EVERYTHING from your neighbours, and that includes those 2 or 3 rooms away. We found ourselves being woken up by kids talking quite early. To be honest though, neither of these minor complaints effected our stay, I am nitpicking.

Summary

Great little hotel with quirky decor, a good location, pleasant staff, and a nice terrace. Oh, the lifts are painfully slow to arrive, which can be quite annoying when you're only going a couple of floors. There didn't appear to be any stairs either which was a minor inconvenience. Again, I'm nitpicking! Good little find for a short break.

Room Tip: Small, stylish, comfy, thin walls. Good for couples
4  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

PLUS SIDE
Good location, wouldn't recomend to go at Carrer De L'om when it's dark and late, but after all the police station is at the end of the road - and also guardia civil is close to the street and the hotel - so probably nothing to worry about. Breakfast is not that interesting. Roof terrace is really great - Sun all day. Room a bit small but okay - there is no facilities at all in the room besides towels and shower gel and a tv - but in big cities like Barcelona I wouldn't expect that - you pay for location that's it. Room located on 3rd floor and 5th floor was very quiet which was nice - no disturbance.

BAD SIDE
Not an option to open windows.
First night we noticed a smell in the room like turpentine or something - but we thought it was maybe us or maybe the room just was painted. The second day the smell was gone. The third evening we came home before midnight and when we opened the door the smell was very bad - strong smell of turpentine or what is was? We felt very bad after short time we felt dizzy, felt like throwing up and shaking all over the body. We called the reception and they sent a guard up he could smell something too, they gave us a fan but that did not help at all. The receptionist didn't even go to the room at first but started to blame US why we didn't tell them before - YES maybe because we wasn't at the hotel all day except 1,5 hour and didnt notice anything - very arrogant attitude! We told them to find another room or another hotel - but that wasn't an option before almost 1 hour - we got a room on the ground floor.
When we came to the room, the receptionist called telling us that this room was only for this night! Yes - and so what??
Next day we got another room, but again we was kind of accused by the day receptionist for not telling the reception before, that there was a problem at the room before around midnight - and again we could tell that we haven't been in the room before around midnight - so we couldn't have told them before!! this was a very bad experience and not okay at all - listen to the guest - its not like we make complaints for fun or hope to be upgraded to a better room, if that was what they where thinking - it's first time in 20 years of traveling that I have ever made a complaint of a hotel room. Besides that it was a nice stay and the problem was solved in the morning - this will not affect recommendations at the hotel - we can still recommend it -and we would also stay there again
The room we got that night located on ground floor - was terrible, noise from other rooms when toilet is flushed - think it was their best rooms, but the rooms on 3rd and 5th floor was better.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

When reading previous reviews for Acta Mimic, i was abit skeptical due to reading previous reviews and wasn't really sure what to expect. But my whole opinion changed when i arrived, as previous reviews i have read said the location and area wasn't great, I thought the location was excellent was walking distance from everything and a 3 minute walk to La Rambla. There was a few homeless people around but they didn't even acknowledge you. The hotel it self was also great, the rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday and the staff were amazing, very helpful, helped me print boarding passes and also booked tickets with them for events and activities. Highly recommend Hotel Acta Mimic, perfect accommodation for a quick trip.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rosie B
Reviewed 25 April 2016

A short walk to La Ramblas and beach area, staff multilingual, helpful and friendly. Room very clean, comfy bed although small, use to a superking at home, air con included in room rate. The rooms are quirky in a good way and work as a good base, no noise from other rooms. Bar area has big sofas and table service, very relaxing, used the restaurant for breakfast which was excellent with plenty of choice. All in all this theatrical styled hotel is well worth the money and another stay on our return. Give it a go, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2016