1,604 results
All reviewsbankers barbutler servicemimosa gardenblanc restaurantboulevard roomamex platinumdipping poolgarden viewconcierge teamgreat spapasseig de graciaindoor poolsteam roomluxury hotelcasa batllogaudi buildingswonderful hotel
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I was excited to stay at this hotel. Then I arrived. We were met by a strangely rude front desk - possibly the rudest I have ever encountered. The room looked (to me) like a W (at MO prices). I found the view from our terrace depressing. We had just come from the club floor at the Hotel Arts -- where I will happily stay the next time I am in lovely Barcelona. Note: their signature restaurant is open for a little more than 2/3 of the week.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kannm
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Great hotel, great restaurant "Le Blanc", great spa where I surprised to find a PEDI:MANI:CURE Studio by Bastien Gonzalez ! a pedicure and a massage with a french podiatrist ... fantastic...
A beautiful hotel in the heart of the city, good location, ...

Hope come back soon !!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Great staff and atmosphere! yes pricey
Hotel however these folks are friendly, knowledgeable, honest and
Have excellent follow up skills!
Food and atmosphere outstanding!
We trusted their opinions and were never
Disappointed!

Room Tip: We like to hear the city so we had a Room facing pas siege de Garcia. Shower only if that bothers you. Amazing spa fragrance in hallway We appreciated.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Despite several calls and emails ahead of time with the concierge, nothing was arranged property for our arrival - only partial details were given for tickets we bought and so we ended up having to purchase twice. We were greeted on arrival by our "butler" - a morrocan lady who spent 5mins at the lift talking to some morrocan guests whilst we waited for her to show us to our room. She then told us how she was there to help with everything so we asked for a small bathrobe and a dinner reservation at the hotel for the next night. The next day we asked again for the bathrobe and enquired about our dinner reservation - robe never showed up and finally i called housekeeping who brought it immediately (2 requests to the butler and 1 to the conceirge who was going to remind the butler achieved nothing).....and the dinner reservation had just been forgotten and there were no tables left. Then we tried the spa - i requested a pedicure, they booked me in for their very expensive special pedicure......the guy cut my toe but tried to cover it over (10 days lady i still have a wound under my nail) and he filed my nails so they all broke and cracked the next day, without doubt the worst pedicure i have ever had. i have regular pedicures and my feet and nails are in good condition - when i saw my regular spa the following week they were shocked at what had been done. Interestingly when i arrived i was asked to fill out a form about this special pedicure and there was a section left to complete after the treatment to say whether or not it had met your expectations......i was never asked to complete this piece when mine was finished! We had the sunday brunch and breakfast - at both the food was poor and you had to wait ages for them to re-fill things. Expensive for the selection and quantity. Overall it was just incredibly disappointing for the price and not what i normally expect from a Mandarin Oriental

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gascony
MandarinOrientalBCN, Resident Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Dear Gascony,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental Barcelona. We very much appreciate your feedback and sharing your constructive comments, which contribute to improvement of our services.

We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay and sincerely apologize for our Spa services not meeting with your expectations. We would like to assure you that matters mentioned in your comments have been addressed personally by our management office and consequences have been taken.

Our goal is to fully delight our guests and ensure they pass and enjoyable and memorable stay in Barcelona.

We are hopeful to welcome you back in the near future and rectify your impression of the Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona.

We remain at your disposal for any information or assistance.

Vincent Studer
Resident Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The Mandarin Oriental is one of two full service luxury hotels in Barcelona. The other hotel being the Hotel Arts. The Mandarin's location is exceptional (walking distance from most everything in the city) and the architecture/interiors are spectacular. The rooms are appointed beautifully and with a very contemporary vibe. What makes the Mandarin in Barcelona so special is the outgoing and kind staff. They will do anything to meet your every need. No hotel in Barcelona is a close second to the MO.

Room Tip: Go for a room viewing Passeig de Gràcia. More spacious room, and beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo