See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My friend and I stayed in the "Deluxe" double with ensuite. It was a clean, simply furnished and very basic room in an apartment containing two other rooms, a dining area and kitchen. The other rooms had shared use of 2 other bathrooms.

We were confused as to whether we were staying in the Bacardi Apartments or in a room somewhere else before arrival. We stayed at no.36 which is akin to a hostel for grown ups! The apartments at no.40-42 are a little more expensive and are generally used for groups of 3 or more which would be very good value for money. Our impression was that the apartments are better furnished than where we stayed. The photos you see on the website have obviously been taken of the rooms "dressed". However, if you want somewhere clean and safe to sleep, this is the perfect place for you.

The apartment was in the absolute heart of the city along the main La Rambla strip. It is ideally placed for people wanting to see all the sights easily. The Gothic quarter is a short walk through narrow, winding streets, the metro stop (Liceu) is 3 minutes walk along the main strip and there are bars, cafes and restaurants within seconds of the apartment. Perfect location! I would recommend taking your earplugs as the street below is a main thoroughfare to bars and restaurants and can be very noisy at night. Also, this is not Bed and Breakfast accommodation. There is a supermarket literally outside the front door though and we bought cereal and milk to keep in the kitchen.

The staff (Fabio, Paula, Sammy and Marco) were incredibly friendly and helpful.... Especially Marco. He spent a lot of time explaining the history of the city, marking sights to see on our map, and showing us the best cafes, restaurants and bars to go to in the evening. We were very keen to get a real feel for the city and go where the locals go rather than pay inflated tourists prices along the main strips. Nothing was too much trouble for Marco. We would definitely go back again but would probably stay in the apartments rather than the room in no.36.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Trish B
Reviewed 18 April 2012

it's a small bed and breakfast, ok for people travelong with a budget. I just used it to sleep, so that's all I needed. good location, cheap.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I previously reviewed this place to stay as the Bacardi Apartments-Las Ramblas. That was our contact but we stayed in a different apartment building down the street. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the other reviews. Although I wouldn't call this place a B&B because you get the bed but supply your own breakfast.
We stayed in rooms 4 and 5 with our own ensuite bathrooms. Everything was clean and the shared kitchen was very well equipped with lots of shelf and refrigerator space. The shower drain in room 5 was clogged and we told the housekeeper and it was fixed immediately. The other 3 rooms share 2 full bathrooms and another toilet room. I didn't hear anyone complain or stand in line.
This place is on a main street and a small plaza which gets loud on Saturday night. I am a sound sleeper so it didn't bother me. It is an apartment on the 3rd floor with a teeny tiny elevator. (I always took the stairs)
The best part of this place is the location. The big market is minutes away, the metro is also right there, lots of streets for strolling around the Gothic quarter, the A2 airport bus stop is easy walking distance and really many other pluses. We found lots of quirky small places to eat which were great. Never did we feel we were in an unsafe area.
I think seasoned travelers would find this a good place to stay. Basically you are on your own after they hand you all 3 sets of keys. You are actually renting a bedroom in an apartment so I suppose it is "the luck of the draw" concerning who else might be staying there. I think I would stay there again mainly because of the location.

Room tip: Room 5 window faces an airshaft so it is quieter but no actual view. Room 4 is a good size with a television. Both have ensuite bathrooms.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It's a great place to stay if your ok with bed bugs, the stink of bleach and dirty socks & very rude management.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This has to be the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to book.
It was dingy, grubby, the room had broken tiles, the window was covered with shutters and a curtain due to the horrible "view" outside, the water filled up in the shower, and in general the room was depressing.
The area is not a good one and we felt unsafe, with people constantly talking and shouting outside the room. I don't think the room door locked properly.
This place was so bad that we left and found a hotel instead.
Please do not stay here, you can get a nice hotel for the same price in the Gothic Quarter, which we did.

Date of stay: January 2011