See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2012

it's a small bed and breakfast, ok for people travelong with a budget. I just used it to sleep, so that's all I needed. good location, cheap.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I previously reviewed this place to stay as the Bacardi Apartments-Las Ramblas. That was our contact but we stayed in a different apartment building down the street. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the other reviews. Although I wouldn't call this place a B&B because you get the bed but supply your own breakfast.
We stayed in rooms 4 and 5 with our own ensuite bathrooms. Everything was clean and the shared kitchen was very well equipped with lots of shelf and refrigerator space. The shower drain in room 5 was clogged and we told the housekeeper and it was fixed immediately. The other 3 rooms share 2 full bathrooms and another toilet room. I didn't hear anyone complain or stand in line.
This place is on a main street and a small plaza which gets loud on Saturday night. I am a sound sleeper so it didn't bother me. It is an apartment on the 3rd floor with a teeny tiny elevator. (I always took the stairs)
The best part of this place is the location. The big market is minutes away, the metro is also right there, lots of streets for strolling around the Gothic quarter, the A2 airport bus stop is easy walking distance and really many other pluses. We found lots of quirky small places to eat which were great. Never did we feel we were in an unsafe area.
I think seasoned travelers would find this a good place to stay. Basically you are on your own after they hand you all 3 sets of keys. You are actually renting a bedroom in an apartment so I suppose it is "the luck of the draw" concerning who else might be staying there. I think I would stay there again mainly because of the location.

Room Tip: Room 5 window faces an airshaft so it is quieter but no actual view. Room 4 is a good size with a television. Both have ensuite bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It's a great place to stay if your ok with bed bugs, the stink of bleach and dirty socks & very rude management.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This has to be the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to book.
It was dingy, grubby, the room had broken tiles, the window was covered with shutters and a curtain due to the horrible "view" outside, the water filled up in the shower, and in general the room was depressing.
The area is not a good one and we felt unsafe, with people constantly talking and shouting outside the room. I don't think the room door locked properly.
This place was so bad that we left and found a hotel instead.
Please do not stay here, you can get a nice hotel for the same price in the Gothic Quarter, which we did.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JannieSherlock
Reviewed 26 November 2010

A fantastic location, great views of the streets below including Las Ramblas, excellent kitchen with a wide range of equipment, spacious dining area and a cute look that is both basic and authentic. A comfortable bed and clean facilities. Had the world's tiniest elevator which was pretty funny, its perfectly useable but not for the claustrophobic! The lady that checked us in was incredibly friendly and helpful - would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple