All reviews diagonal metro station perfect location tourist attractions bed was comfortable main attractions few minutes walk hostel toilet city lamp midnight
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I was moved to this hostel due to circumstances out of my control from previous hostel.

I loved this place so much. Was made to feel welcome, given my keys and shown to my room. I was also given a key to a locker in my room also.
One negative is that you have to pay 20Euro deposit for your keys which is very costly.

This place is amazing. it may not be a hotel but you are treated like you are in one. They have an amazing quiet lounge and a computer room. Kitchen for you to cook all your meals and food on the shelves for you to use and share with others. Also a dining area with coffee and drinks machine so you can take refreshments away with you too.

I will defo stay here again

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2016

I haven't slept in a hostel for years, but this time I pick it up since I only spent there a couple of hours and this was far the cheapest opportunity.
I didn't expect much and I was happy at the end. I have seen (but not really used it) fully equipped kitchen, rooms have a lot of space. It was noisy when someone entered as the drawera are metal, also the showers are small, but still OK. People are nice. The only negative thing is that the kitchen is closed from midnight to 8 30 in the morning. As I have left before, I couldn't get to my breakfast that I have left in the kitchen :-) On the second day I brought it to the room and ate it without plate in the living room. WIFI was excellent.

Room Tip: take care when you need the kitchen in the morning :-)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I can still feel the springs of the matress and the noise was very loud, because the windows were very old. The staff was nice, the hotel was clean and the location was OK. But as I said the mattress was terrible.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

It is a clean place, good and silent bed, thoughtfull (large mirror in the girls shower room, with an extra mirror for make-up, for example), towels for rent for 1 euro and exchangeable througout your stay, room for meals, kitchen available, friendly staff, good location, lots of tourist information available and help from the staff. Problem of hostels is different people coming and leaving in totallly different hours

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with eDreams
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We stayed at Diagonal House for one night and i was quite underwhelmed. We had a private room that did not look like the pictures. We were put towards to the back of the hostel with only one window but it did not lead to outside, it opened to the laundry room. As a result of this we did not feel comfortable leaving it open and so the room grew extremely hot. The bed was very uncomfortable and neither my boyfriend or i got much sleep and i heard what i assume to be mice running through the wall by the bed.

Bathrooms were also very small, your legs hit up against the doors when you sat on the toilet.

Overall it has low prices but i have staying in much better places for the price. Would not stay for more than one night here.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple