“Great Tasting Menu”
Review of Hawker 45

Hawker 45
Reserve with
Hawker 45 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 11,104 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: USD 14 - USD 28
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: South East Asian and Latin American street food, redefined.
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Great place! We had the tasting menu which was very very good. Highlights were the ceviche starter which was so fresh, the Laksa which had a beautiful flavour and the carrots with raita- excellent! It's not expensive for the amount of food you get and the quality, I have spent a lot more money at other Asian restaurants in the city which are no where near as good and I left so full! The service is extremely attentive. I think we got served by the owner himself who explained every dish to us in a lot of detail. I will definitely go back, I want to try the curry rendang!

Laura F, Owner at Hawker 45, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! We're glad you enjoyed our "Hawker Kase" tasting menu. Chef Laila takes great pride in crafting and presenting a range of different dishes when people order the tasting menu (she also calls it, "Feed me please!").

I don't think it was the owner who served you (unless Chef Laila did - we own Hawker 45 together, but she's the creative genius and management guru - I'm just a trailing spouse with a day job!), but we're blessed with awesome staff who share our sense of mission. We're thrilled to hear that you felt like you were being served by the owner. I'll make sure they see your feedback, and let them know how proud we are that you felt that way!

We look forward to seeing you again at Hawker 45 soon (and hope you'll love our rendang as much as our other dishes!). We hope you'll introduce yourself and say Hi!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

At some point, you've had enough jamon for a while. Or even if not, this is a great place to go, either lunch or dinner. It's a melange of Brazilian, Korean, Singaporean, Malaysian, Thai with a nice touch of heat. The chickpea flour chips they serve as an amuse are so damn cravable, I wished I could bring them back to NY. The laksa was a great twist on the dish, almost like a risotto, the shrimp dumplings in the Thai salad were delicious, and the cocktails were fantastic- I had the vermouth pisco with coffee beans. Also they have free WiFi, and chargers available! And a place to plug in your scooter, if that's your mode of transpo. All in all, great little spot for something a little different from all the cookie cutter jamon and rice joints around. 5 stars

Laura F, Owner at Hawker 45, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We enjoyed meeting you during your trip to Barcelona and appreciate your taking the time to share your experience at Hawker 45 on Trip Advisor. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Great Asian fusion food in the heart of Barcelona (3 squares from Passeig de Gràcia). The service is excellent and friendly.

Laura F, Owner at Hawker 45, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon at Hawker 45!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

After about a week or so in Madrid and San Sebastian, we found ourselves with stomach fatigue and craving a change of pace from the delicious food of the region.Hawker 45 was exactly what we needed. The food was creative, delicious and very different from anything else we experienced in the area. The staff was courteous and helped us figure out what worked best for us. The decor was playful and pleasing. I VERY much look forward to the next time I will be able to eat at Hawker 45.

Laura F, Owner at Hawker 45, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback, Rob! We’re glad you liked Hawker 45 and hope you’ll come back to Barcelona and see us again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

My wife and I discovered Hawker 45 through a Facebook friend's recommendation. We loved our meal there and are excited to return. The food is great, unconventional but not necessarily challenging. It's great to have the open kitchen in front, where you can watch the food being prepared. The place is attractively and comfortably decorated, and is quite clean and fresh. The staff was quite welcoming and friendly. Can't wait to go back for a lunch or dinner.

Laura F, Owner at Hawker 45, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hi Paul, thank you for your kind feedback! We’re glad you and your wife could join us for our Thanksgiving celebration. We enjoyed meeting you and are glad you liked Hawker 45. We look forward to seeing you again soon!