“Excellent Pad Thai”
Review of Gangnam

Gangnam
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Gangnam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #570 of 10,287 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: USD 24 - USD 31
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: New asian restaurante in centre of the Barcelona city. New tastings, New decoración and New suprises.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. The service was good and the Pad Thai we had was delicious. They also take credit card not just cash.

Anna Z, Propietario at Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi, thanks for you visit and comment. We hope to see you very soon and tast our other delicious:)

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This is very good Asian food.

The waitress was really nice and the food was delicious.

We found the prices of the food and wine to be very reasonable also

Anna Z, Propietario at Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Hello Nurdis, thank you for your visit to Gangnam and share with all your experience. Hope to see you soon again:)

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We went to this restaurant with no clue of what to order so we asked the waitress for some ideas. The girl was super friendly and recommended us some pretty awesome dishes. We've ordered some shao mai, some gyozas, a pad thai, a xiao long bao, some okonomiyaki and a shanghainese duck.
The best things were definitely the duck, the okonomiyaki and the pad thai. The gyozas and xiao long bao were correct but the shao mai had no flavor...
The service was fast and the girl was really kind.

2  Thank JGordicho
Anna Z, Propietario at Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hello, thank you very much for your comment. It is Very important for us to know people 's experience and we are so happy to know you liked our service and food. Thank you for share with us your opinion and hope to see you again soon:)

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I went there for lunch and ordered their set menu, which costed 11.5€ and included an appetiser, a main dish, dessert and a drink. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, there were at least an appetiser and a main dish suitable for vegetarians.

I got to try a Shanghai-style spring roll, Shao mai and Pad thai. I found the spring rolls quite interesting to eat because I had never eaten that kind of spring rolls before; I think they were filled with cabbage. However, the dish that really surprised me and I really liked was the Pad thai because it was full of flavours and ingredients that worked very well together. That alone proved to me that that was a genuine Asian restaurant.

Finally I must say that the waitress who took care of me was extremely kind and the restaurant itself is warm and welcoming, which resulted in a relaxing and enjoyable meal.

2  Thank Xavi A
Anna Z, Propietario at Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hello Xavi, thank you for share your opinion with us, we are so happy to know that you liked our food. Hope to see you soon again:)

Reviewed 5 April 2017

This restaurant openend at the start of 2017 but I have a feeling it is going to go far.

The (hand made!) prawn dim sum was mind blowing. I could not believe I had 4 of them for Eur3.50! Very moist inside. Soft outside.

The veal in a wok main was very special. It had been slowly marinated and cooked for 5 hours and with a very special seasoning. Really unique and mouth wateringly delicious. An original from the gangnam provence in China.

The tom yum soup was executed to perfection. I have had many in my life, but here, all the elements were in perfect balance. And the raw ingredients of good quality (no cheating), with generous amounts of fish in there.

The thai red curry was a classic perfectly executed.

Service was super courteous, not in your face, just perfect.

It is obvious that management have invested in the details, the decor and finishes (and even the cutlery) are tasteful, and pays respect to the food.

It is funny that the restaurant offers chinese, vietnamese and thai food, but do not let that put you off. What they do, they do really well. It is a mixed bag of choice but not a mixed bag in terms of quality.

For all the above I give this restaurant ten out of ten. Perfect score at every level! We will be back.

3  Thank Guido N
Anna Z, Propietario at Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for your visit and comment. Web are so happy to know what you enjoyed and like our food. Hope to see you very soon:)