All reviews train station early morning train marriott points easy access minute walk shower stall business hotel business trip tapas convenient location nou camp stayed here for nights yogurt visit barcelona la rambla city minibar
Reviewed 13 October 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights using my Marriott Rewards points. While the hotel staff were friendly the hotel itself lacks a lot of services you would expect from a Marriott branded hotel, especially for Marriott rewards members. This includes having to pay for WiFi, all mini-bar items (including water), and breakfast buffet. Although the room was nice, the room itself was really small. There technically isn't a bathroom, as the room is a studio, with the shower stall being in a closet (literally). Same for the toilet. The exterior of the hotel isn't much to look at, as the back and sides of the hotel are covered in graffiti. As we only stayed here for 2 nights it's manageable, but for those staying longer or with families you may want to do some additional research to decide whether or not to stay here. Overall, for the money they would have charged for the room, you can probably find a room comparable in cost and value in a better and more convenient venue. Although the hotel is across the street from the Barcelona Sants station, it's away from all the touristy destinations. For all of the major sites we went to see, we had to take the train to all of them, however they were usually 10 - 15min. away.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucyC_NY
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This hotel has some pluses and minuses and I'll start with the minuses. AC Hotel Sants is definitely not even close to a category 6 Marriott Hotel (requires level 6 certificate if using Marriott points)- as stated by other reviewers: no concierge room, no elite status upgrades, substandard rather small rooms including minimal separation between sleeping quarters and the bathroom (the water closet is quite literally a closet and you could watch TV from the shower stall), and a completely forgettable and tiny "fitness center" (one treadmill and one exercise bike). I would describe the hotel as an extremely nice motel. It definitely has some great pluses - helpful/friendly staff, sleek/lean contemporary/European ambiance, great proximity to the next-door train station, a very nice breakfast buffet albeit rather pricey (about $21 per person USD and on a much smaller scale than most Marriott Hotel buffets), and very clean. We would not knowingly turn in a category 6 Marriott certificate for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dixon J
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is right next to Barcelona Sants train station. It made all of our sightseeing easy to access with a short ride.
It was very clean. The bed was fine. Not super comfy, but not bad either. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic, however, the temperature did seem to vary quite a bit while water was running.
We never had breakfast at the hotel or had a drink at the bar, so I have no input there.
The staff was friendly and helped us print off a ticket we had bought online for one of Barcelona's many wonderful attractions.
I likely would stay again. It was a great hotel with easy access to all the things we wanted and needed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The breakfast was amazing. I was in heaven. Lots of cured meats, cheeses, baguettes, yogurt, juice. It was perfect. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The person who worked the front desk helped us navigate the city and make recommendations. But, I was very disappointed by the room. First, the air conditioning didn't work in our room. Because the hotel was sold out, we were not given the option to change rooms, but instead had the maintenance person in our room working on fixing it. That took over an hour of waiting for them to come fix it and over an hour for them to fail to fix it. While they were working on fixing it, we went to turn on the lamp and one of the legs of the lamp fell off. The maintenance person just said "eh, its okay." After that all happened, I went to take a shower. That didn't fare well. There is a bar in the shower that the shower head and sprayer are attached to. I went to take the sprayer off, and I kid you not, the entire bar broke off into my hand with water spraying everywhere. I got out of the shower and called down to the front desk and they apologized and sent the maintenance person again. He looked at it, shrugged his shoulders and left. It never got fixed, we never got moved, we never got a refund. It was horrible. **I meant to post this last year, but it got saved in my drafts. This review is from 2016**

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is a good hotel, but does not honor Marriott elite members with standard amenities. If using points, be aware that no breakfast, no canapes, no executive lounge, and the restaurant is expensive for breakfast.

HOWEVER, the hotel did offer a free access to the minibar, so that made up for much of the bad marriott redemption activity. Their wifi was very good, and their front desk staff was great.

On the plus side, it is very close to the Barcelona train station and metro.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple