“Amazing Ramen”
Review of Mutenroshi Ramen

Mutenroshi Ramen
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Mutenroshi Ramen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #693 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: USD 12 - USD 14
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Description: Los amantes del Ramen japonés tienen en el restaurante Mutenroshi un lugar de peregrinaje. Ubicado en el barcelonés barrio de Gràcia y a escasos metros de la Diagonal, este establecimiento apuesta por este tradicional plato de la gastronomía nipona como eje de su cocina. La carta reducida del Mutenroshi multiplica los sabores intensos de un plato que cuenta con una legión de seguidores. Los hay
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We went to have a dinner to this restaurant. We really loved the food. Ramen was amazing. The service was quick and attentive. We enjoyed our time in Mutenroshi Ramen!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

First up, I´ll just say that I´ve been to Japan on holiday, and basically lived off ramen for the two weeks I was there. Since then its been a mission of mine to try all the ramen places in Barcelona looking to find that essence of Japan in each bowl. Let´s just say I´m pretty serious about my ramen.

If you´re in any way like me, i.e. looking for an authentic Japanese Ramen, then I implore you to avoid this place like the plague. The lunch menu deal, at just under 10 EUR is the hook, but don´t fall for it. The menu deal presents you with 3 or 4 first course options and then you get a choice of 3/4 types of ramen as the second course. There are additional topping options for the ramen like sea weed or char shu, and I asked my waiter if they were included or extra. The waiter confirmed they were all included. I ordered the Soya version of the ramen, on the waiter´s recommendation that if I was looking for a less savoury flavour, this would be a good alternative to the miso.

First course arrived, which in my case were the veg gyozas. They were limp and underdone. Second course, ramen. First sight, really poor presentation. The bowl was almost overflowing with ingredients all over the place. As for the taste, the soup was like nothing I´d ever tried before in Japan or anywhere else in the best Ramen places all over Europe. It reminded me of a watered down chinese soy sauce mixed with salted soluble coffee. The liquid in the bowl was luke warm on the top and hot at the bottom, a sure sign of microwave cooking. The main show; the noodles, were claggy, overcooked and lacked any kind of flavour.

But here´s the icing, on collecting my bill at the counter the same waiter who confirmed I wouldn´t have to pay for toppings, passed my the bill with prices for toppings added. I questioned him and he immediately accused me of not having understood. I disagreed politely, and reminded him that I had asked him about his specifically. He insisted that I had misunderstood. Unlikely as I having lived in Spain for over 10, and being married to a Spanish speaker, I would think that being able to negotiate the minor linguistic exchange to confirm whether toppings were included or not, would be within my grasp. In the end, as an act of goodwill, the waiter decided to take off the extra toppings from the bill, but leaving me feeling as if he´d done me a favour.

Not much more to be said really, there are plenty of places in Barcelona where you CAN get great, authentic, wholesome ramen (e.g. Ramen Ya Hiro). This place ain´t one of them. Avoid.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely food, starter and ramen for under 10€. Near sagrada familia, so great location. Pop in while you are in the area and you won't regret it. Muso ramen is amazing.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Good lunch with excellent ramen and gyozas with a very nice price. Location is great, close to Passeig de Gracia and Diagonal. Staff is very friendly and professional. I'll be back

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Gyozas were okay but the onigiri wasn't really well shaped, the rice should be tighter.
Ramen's noodle were overcooked, sauce was too oily and had a lack of taste in general. Spicy noodles were not spicy enough.
The rest was okay, waiters were correct but the price shouldn't be that high for what they offer.
Will visit other places in Barcelona, rather than coming back here.