All reviews rooftop bar great location la rambla coffee pods central location universitat metro station splash pool small balcony nice toiletries superior room lovely hotel enjoyed our stay bottle of cava on arrival blackout curtains small hotel loved this hotel
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I like this Hotel for the room and the service, is placed near the central metro station on L1 line, and really near to the rambla. the room is very nice and the receptionist are friendly, my english is not so good so they help me whith the conversation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter than the north
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Ingrid_David, Hotel Manager at Hotel Midmost, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Paolo,
We cannot thank you enough for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience on tripadvisor. We are thrilled to learn that you had a fantastic "New Years Eve break" here in Barcelona and that the entire team, but especially the front desk team, contributed to make of our stay a special one. Please rest assured that I will share your positive review with all of them.
Paolo, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Hotel was very well situated to the major sites! The staff was very helpful and spoke english very well...would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Barcelona and wants to be in the center of the city...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C_Bod91

Dear C_Bod91,
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience on tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn that our central location was very convenient for exploring the city and that you would recommend Midmost to anyone staying in Barcelona.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I recently stayed at Hotel Midmost in November on two occasions. The first was on a pre-cruise stop over and the second was a post cruise stopover on the way back to the US. This hotel is a gem. It is so conveniently located in the center of all the areas you will want to visit. Only a few blocks off Las Ramblas and easy walking to the Gothic Quarter. The hotel is new and a boutique style. The rooms are lovely and have everything you might want or need (WiFi, toiletries, robes and slippers). There is a cute bar on the roof with a small pool. In November we did not partake in the bar or pool due to cool weather but it was very cute.

The breakfast offered is well worth the price. All organic and very health conscious. Great way to start the day in the comfort of the hotel before starting out.

The staff was extremely helpful to us recommending a wonderful restaurant for Paella and another for traditional Catalan cuisine. All recommendations were wonderful.

I can't say enough about the service, location and amenities of this small boutique hotel.

Helen Osterwald
Kalamazoo, MI

Stayed: November 2017
Ingrid_David, Hotel Manager at Hotel Midmost, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Mrs. Osterwald,
We cannot thank you enough for having taken the time to share your wonderful and detailed feedback about your recent stay at Midmost. We are thrilled to read that you would describe us like a "gem of boutique hotel" and that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay. A great thank you as well for your positive words on our breakfast buffet. We are delighted to read that you appreciated our organic and healthy options. Please rest assured that I will share your fantastic review with the entire team. If your future travel plans bring you back to Barcelona, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The hotel is not fancy. But it is very nicely designed (as in Design) and very clean. The room wasn't big by American standards, but big by European standards. We had a view of the space over the courtyard (ie another building). So not a romantic/scenic view. The breakfast was very creative (designed by a New Age nutritionist). But those are not negatives. Just explanations of what you get for a reasonable price. In all, I LOVED this place for what it cost. Great location. Great room. Very cool Design. Breakfast included. CLEAN. If you want more than this, you are shopping in a fantasy land and expect to pay A LOT more.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ingrid_David, Hotel Manager at Hotel Midmost, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear acibooks,
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at Midmost. We are pleased to learn that your overall impression was a good one and that you especially appreciated the cleanlines of our facilities and our creative options for breakfast. Thank you for recommending us and for rating us with 5 stars.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on tripadvisor and while our stay was pleasant, the experience didn't live up to expectations.

Check in was quick and efficient - it took less than 5 minutes. It's worth noting that they request a credit card upon check in - not an issue but a little surprising since I used my card to make the booking directly at the hotel website anyway.

Our superior room was reasonably sized and well appointed. The bathroom is quite spacious. While everything was very clean, there were a few signs of wear and tear. I enjoyed the plush bathrobes but the quality of the sheets and pillows was quite mediocre - bellow the standard for a hotel of this category (one of the sheets even had a hole). Our biggest issue was the noise. On our first night we were kept awake until 2 am by our excessively noisy neighbors. I can't put my finger on whether the room lacked any sound isolation or the people next door were just THAT loud but I cold hear their entire conversation while laying on the bed. Whenever a door opens/closes or even when someone uses the bathroom you can hear it. This really spoiled the mood.

The breakfast was a low point for me. Perhaps my expectations were too high due to the rave reviews here but I was really disappointed. The menu was created by a famed nutritionist but I found the variety very limited and the quality of the products was average. It lacked essential things such as an omelette station, panini, any fish or pancakes. Perhaps this is just me so I took a video of the breakfast selection and you can judge for yourself. I still think that at 32 euro per couple it left a lot to be desired (just for comparison, we had seafood lunch with 2 glasses of wine for 41 euro elsewhere).

Service was polite and efficient without anyone leaving a particularly strong impression.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 836desislavai
Ingrid_David, Hotel Manager at Hotel Midmost, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Desislava,
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your constructive feedback with us. Your experience is very important as it helps us to keep improving.
We truly regret to read that you were a little bit disappointed with few aspects and that your neighbors were very loud and this disturbed your rest. We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences that this situation caused you. Concerning breakfast, we are sad to learn that it did not meet your expectations. There is no omelet station, but we of course make them on demand and have a vast variety of choices from local and ecological vendors. Desislava, we would love to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us if you hopefully give us a second chance.
Looking forward to welcoming you.