1,086 results
All reviews city centre euros per person minute walk old town modern hotel street parking premium room free parking receptionist taxi
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This is a nice new hotel which was not very busy. This made the 25 minute wait to check in all the more annoying. One person on reception and 5 people waiting. A request that she get some assistance was ignored yet two the people were sitting within feet of her. The process for booking in when I finally got there was more bureaucratic than any other Spanish hotel that I have stayed in. The staff member was sullen, unfriendly and not at all welcoming. When I enquired about breakfast I was told I had not booked so couldn't have it. I began to wonder if this was really a hotel. Booking out was a pain too with only one person on. The room was pleasant but it was the only thing that was!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tryp_Leon, General Manager at Tryp Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and giving your feed back. The guest opinion help us to improve our business. I apologize for inconvenience caused during your stay. I quite surprise about some of your opinion. The breakfast you could book always during your stay.

Best Regards.

Alfonso lara.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Very good location, the hotel is easy to reach and close to the city centre and to the shops. Clean room and bathroom, we had everything we needed. We would have loved to try the breakfast but they served it too late for us as we needed to start our day quite early.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Tryp_Leon, Gerente at Tryp Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you Stefania for choosing our hotel and giving your feedback. We are happy to read about the room and breakfast service. Key point every hotel.

Best Regards.

alfonso Lara.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I am struggling to find something good to redeem our stay in what purports to be a 4 star establishment. Well the lady on reception, Vera, was pleasant and helpful. I had booked some time ago, not realising it was Semana Santa, which was a bonus as there was a lot of interesting activity and processions in the old town. Unfortunately it is quite a long 20 minute walk to the Cathedral for old legs.
Now the bad! The garage parking was an extra €12 per night, and we felt we needed the security as our car was fully loaded for our ferry back to UK the next day. The first room we were allocated 318 at first I thought was in a smokers corridor as it smelt of cigarettes as we walked along the corridor. When we entered the room it was replaced by a smell of sewage, so straight back to Vera in reception who changed us to 307. This didn’t smell so bad, but had twin beds when I had asked for a double. I really couldn’t be bothered to go down again to reception.
The Wi-fi in the room was the slowest I have experienced since the days of dual-purpose, I speed tested it at 0.27mbps download and close to zero upload. No streaming video then, which was a let down as in common with most Spanish 'International' hotels, Tryp have no foreign language programming, and all programs originally in English are dubbed into Spanish, without original language sub titles.
The Hotel restaurant wasn't open, and of course most restaurants in eon don't serve until 2130 hours,so we stopped dinner which was probably a blessing, but madame grumpy enough to compile this.
On top of this, the shower in the bath was lethally slippery,with no rubber mat or grip aid on the bath floor. Luckily a handle fixed to the wall helped a little.
Breakfast -if we had taken it would gave been an additional €12 per person, so fortunately, as it wasn't raining we found a nearby coffee shop, and made do with the Spanish equivalent of toast without butter, and a reasonable coffee.
In sum, the worst hotel stay for us in the past few years, and we will hesitate to book Meia in Spain again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Tryp_Leon, Gerente at Tryp Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Paul:

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel Tryp León and also for taking the time to write and contact us. I full regret that you have left our hotel with a negative impression in your stay and please accept our apologies about that.
I would like to explain to you that the hotels in Spain in general we have an extra charge if you need the garage parking. In the hotel area it is not difficult to park the card outside. The breakfast is not included in the price. You could reserve with breakfast or without in the web
In reference to your complaint regarding the wifi , I would like to inform you that we are styding to improve our service in the following month .
Please accept our apologies and be sure that your comments will be looked into with great consideration and this will contribute to further improvements to our guests’ satisfaction.

It would be a great pleasure to receive you as a new at the Tryp Leon Hotel

G. Manager.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel, with friendly reception staff! Clean, standard rooms. Free parking! 15 min walk from Old town. Continental breakfast. In the old town i recommend to take a Tour Train 4€ which will drive you thru all To See monuments.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear client: ,
We want to contact with you as a General Manager at Tryp León after receiving you quality survey where we did get feedback on your recent stay at the hotel.
First, and on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing us and for taking a few minutes of your time to transfer your impressions.
Our customers' suggestions are very important to us, so we try to deal with them with a big interest and attention they deserve. This is the best way to determine about what specific items we must fix our efforts to further advance the continuous improvement of our services and facilities.
It is great to hear that you had an satisfactory stay with us, and it is a pleasure for us to know that you were delighted with our cordial treatment.

We hope continue counting on you in a near future and we be able to give you a personally welcome in the Hotel Tryp León .
While waiting for this opportunity, I take this occasion to send my best regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

A bit outside of the central old town, the Tryp Leon Hotel is located in a residential neighborhood. The advantage is that there is an opportunity for street parking for free; if no spaces are available, the hotel lot is available for 11 euro. The other advantage is a market located basically across the street.

The walk to the old town takes about 15 minutes, so this location is worth it for the quiet and more solid hotel walls (although we did have a hostile child upstairs for a while with wall banging). The room was decorated in a simple, modern style with a long desk area, two chairs, as well as luggage stand and nightstands. There is also a closet. The room was very spacious and the bathroom had nice tile on the walls and floor. Amenities are probably standard for the TRYP hotels – dental kit, shaving kit, etc; shampoo, shower gel and soap are from the refillable containers with respect to eco-sensitibility.

There was adequate lighting from the various table and overhead lamps. A stocked mini-bar is also provided.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Estimados clientes:

Gracias por elegirnos durante su estancia en León y por hacernos llegar sus comentarios. Lamento no poderles podido contester anteriormente pero me acabo de incorporar como director del hotel. Si decidiera elegirnos de nuevo durante su estancia en León, estaremos encantados de poder atenderles. No dude en contactar si lo considera oportuno con el equipo del hotel o directamente conmigo.
Saludos cordials

Dear client:
On behalf of Hotel Tryp León ´ staff, I would like to thank you for choosing us during your last stay in León as well as taking your time for your comments about our hotel.

In Meliá Hotels International, we believe that is only through listen carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for. We are proud to receive personal comments and opinions such as yours..

Director / General Manager