All reviews beautiful park rooftop pool santa cruz nice hotel local meat suitable for families one night stay asked to change rooms hot and cold items taxi stand air condition recommend this hotel garcia sanabria hotel room quiet area rental car a lot of noise
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Arrived at the hotel that looked if it could do with a lick of paint,inside gave a better impression, rooms clean and spacious. The chambermaid was charming , but as for the rest of the staff they were rude.The dining room was large with a self service buffet that was sprawled out,with no anti bacterial liquid . Although there was plenty of variety of food it was bland and cold hence two microwaves disgreetly placed near the hot? food. I stayed well clear of that , working in the industry I know what temperature food should be held at , and not once did I see anyone check the remperatures, it was a recipe for food poisoning. So I enjoyed salad and more salad with the odd piece of tough steak or rubbery fish. I will never return, shame for the island is beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2009

As a party of four adults,we have just returned from the Taburiente,and overall the hotel is okay,BUT! there are several things that they could improve on.
1 The check in was chaotic,when our coachload arrived,we were queued from the desk out onto the pavement outside,it took ages to clear the arrivals,the checkin staff were slow,and had a complex system of paper shuffeling,and double checks,our room was ready,but the other couple had to wait another hour in the bar before being given their room keys.
2 The food is good,the service is also good in the diningroom,with lots of choice,and with courteous and attentive staff BUT! the food is only luke warm,the soup,the tea and coffee and most of the hot dishes are always just warm not kept hot,no matter what time you go in for meals.
3 The evening entertainment is poor,in fact just about none existant,by 9.30 the lounge
is like the Marie Celeste.We did not expect a full show or cabaret ,but the couple that were supposed to entertain we so poor no one bothered turning up to listen,probably because it was as cold as a morgue in the room,wooly jumper required to sit through
a depressing duo with a keyboard.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2009

How shall I start. Nice hotel but seriously angry at the receptionist who totally ruined my birthday weekend! Her name was Conchi and I have never ever been spoken too in that way she spoke to me and not the sort of thing should be said to a paying client! We checked out after this which ruined my Birthday. Thanks. She spoke to me like a piece of trash who didn't fit into her clientele. I was reading my book in the hotel lobby on a sofa lying on it but with my feet on the floor(there are four or five sofas, so I was not hogging them). She precluded I was sleeping on the sofa and I said that was clever considering i am reading and said again again go to your room if you want to sleep. My reply was I am reading if I want to sleep i will go to my room. Then she asked me If I was a guest well why tell me to go to my room if so. Sorry I have shaved head and don't fit in to your narrow minded logic. Thanks again for everything will never feel like going back and talked to like a piece of rubbish!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the wonderful birthday .Looks like i am not the first reviewer who had there b'day ruined

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank superone1973
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Stayed here for three nights and found this Hotel which is 3 star to be as good as many 4 star properties I have stayed in.The reception staff are excellent and the rooms etc are clean. Individually controlled air con was excellent as it was 90 outside. The breakfast was fine. The location was good 5 min walk to main drag of shops. Laptop available at reception. Booked thru Bookings.com and got room B&B for 73Euros per night. Overall very good.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I went up to Santa Cruz from the South of Tenerife for the international dog show and must say for the second year now the Hotel and its staff have been superb. Well done guys! I give it a five star rating.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple