2,126 results
All reviews garden view five star hotel santa cruz pool area pool attendant salt water great facilities hotel guests half board fabulous hotel breakfast buffet per day public areas beautiful park nice pool junior suite town centre
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Housekeeping threw away a bag with my debit card in. When I informed management they were very reluctant to take any blame or offer compensation. When they finally agreed to look for my card they accused my partner of lying about whether the card was ever in the bag and were happy to leave us with no money for the rest of the holiday.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Mencey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Robyn,

Thank you for writing to us. We are disappointed by your observations regarding our excellent team. We regret that you lost your credit card during your time in our hospitality and that despite our best efforts to find it that we were not able to satisfy you and we do hope that you encounter it on your return home as we can confirm that it is not at our establishment. Of course, it goes without saying that if we had found your item we would have gladly forwarded it to you.

We trust that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at our beautiful, five-star hotel and that you have taken home some fantastic memories from Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Once more, thank you for your review.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly for me the hotel was a huge disappointment.

Our company puts a lot of people here so I really wanted to see what it was like, having lived in Santa Cruz for years.

When we arrived it was nice, we were offered a drink and everyone was very helpful and welcoming. We were then told the room wasn’t ready yet, it’s ok - it happens other places too- but the check in was way over an hour late, which is never the best start - and then when I entered the room, it wasn’t the type I had paid for.

To get the correct room took another 45 minutes, followed by me having to take all the suitcases from one side of the hotel to the other.

At check in, We had asked at reception about using the spa. We were told it was €18 per person, and Open until late - when we arrived we were asked if we’d made a reservation.

Obviously having just arrived and having been checked in late we hadn’t - this then become another “fuss” to sort out as apparently it was full.

This was sorted out quickly, but When eventually were allowed in, there was literally 8 people in the entire spa, I really didn’t get what the big problem was and why it was so complicated.

I’d booked last minute to come and relax and it felt like me being here was some kind of pain or inconvenience for the hotel, not the relaxing time I wanted. I didn’t get a cheap deal, I’d paid good money and expected better.

The next morning we had the breakfast, most of it was cold, especially the Baked Beans.

The hotel is very beautiful and staff are really polite - but for me, coming to a five star hotel, with the aim of relaxing - it fell well short of my expectations and of the levels elsewhere on the island, oh and also finding dead cockroaches in my room pretty much guaranteed a poor rating.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GSUK1978
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Mencey, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review and say that it is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to maintain our excellent standards. We are delighted to read of your appreciation regarding your marvellous welcome to our beautiful, five-star hotel in Santa Cruz, however, we sincerely regret the confusion with your room reservation and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Furthermore, we are sorry that you experienced a discrepancy concerning your reservation at our luxurious spa. Gastronomy is one of the pillars of our company and our professional team of chefs do their utmost to please everyone on a daily basis, we will take note of your observations and relay them to our team and we are grateful to you for the improvement possibilities that your comments provide us with.

Due to the climate in the Canary islands, unfortunately, insects can be encountered at times, however as you point out because we follow a protocol of deep cleaning and fumigation programmes they are normally not alive. We are sorry that you found some during your time in our hospitality, we do everything possible to avoid this.

We are disappointed that we did not completely fulfil your expectations and hope that you have taken some wonderful memories home with you from Tenerife and that you will allow us another opportunity and we will have the pleasure of your company once more in the future at one of our hotels. Until then we wish you well.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2018

beautifully clean hotel, amazing staff and food was fab too... The spa was included in our deal and that was heaven. Great location - with a brilliant Gin bar in the park which is 5 minute stroll away. Stayed in May 2017... Very late posting

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Holly L

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful impressions of your stay at our hotel last year. It is of the utmost importance to us that our guests can appreciate our well-thought-out holiday concept. Our daily efforts are to guarantee our guests can experience the highest levels of comfort in a, particularly pleasant atmosphere.

Again we thank you for sharing this fabulous review of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This place never fails to impress.
This time I was staying for nearly a month and I am already looking forward to my next visit.
The hotel itself is a true delight, elegant and very picturesque. Lovely rooms, gardens and pool area.
Everything is well maintained and small details like bathrobe, slippers, fresh bed linen every day, extra towels make you feel really welcome.
Breakfast is the perfect way to start the day and my highest compliments to the chefs. The food is absolutely delicious and my dinners were delightful.
The employees are absolutely amazing, and provide a personalized service full of heart warming care.
Laura Rams, your guest service manager, is a true star. She came to my rescue several times during my stay. Always took the time to listen and help. She is definitely the perfect person for this position.
Your reception staff is fantastic, the person looking after the turtles and Lelo would always greet me with a happy comment when I passed them in the morning.
Diego, in the restaurant and bar area deserves a special mention. One would immediately sense that extra touch of elegance which makes you feel extra special.
Also a very special thank you to Samantha, Miriam, Maria Francia, Wasington, Eliserio who looked after me so well during dinnertime and all your fantastic waiters serving breakfast in the morning.
Sara always greeted me with the most welcoming smile when I entered the bar area during daytime.
Borja, your lifeguard keeps the place immaculate. Very responsible and nothing was too much to ask for.
I really enjoyed relaxing on your sunbeds and the pool waiters provided the perfect service.
All is all, what I really wish to say :Please give my warmest thank you to all your employees for making my stay so precious and unforgettable.

Room Tip: If possible choose a room with garden view or overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank amaliecharlotte
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Mencey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Amalie,

We would like first and foremost to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your recent holiday. Every day is a new and exciting challenge for us based on providing our guests with a feeling of staying at another home from home. Our highly motivated and competent team ensures that our service, as well as our hotel's extensive facilities, provide a holiday feeling of the very special kind for our guests.

Again we thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We chose Grand Mencey to spend our honeymoon rather than the south of the island. The city atmosphere and less crowded side of the island appealed to us the most.
The hotel and staff could not have been better. The food was fantastic and the waiting staff made a point to greet us every day in a personal sense. They went above and beyond to make our experience a great one.
Dispite there not being a sea view, the garden view and grounds were impeccable. We had a couples massage at the spa and came away wanting another, such high end service and professional.
We spent two weeks at the hotel and got to know the regular waiting staff who should know that they all make the hotel just that extra bit special!
Our two weeks here could have easily swayed us to stay longer.
If you want a classy, immaculately decorated hotel then this is the one to stay in in Santa Cruz.
We booked our car hire and excursions through the hotel which made life so easy!
We could not express anymore how great this hotel is, and this is in comparison to other 5 star resorts we have stayed in. There is something about the Grand Mencey that makes this hotel something special ... and this is definitely mostly down to the amazing staff there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cara P

Dear Cara,

It has been a real pleasure to read this excellent review of your recent holiday with us at our hotel and we really appreciate that you took the time to write and share it with us and other travellers. The fact that we were able to exceed your expectations with our excellent standards in every area that characterise our company is of great importance to us.

It is therefore very satisfying for us that you have kept us in your fondest memories and it would be wonderful to welcome you back again.

Best Regards,