Pas A Pas Walking Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Advice please on guided walks

Reviewed 9 November 2014
ChrisI4081PS
Norwich, United Kingdom
Walking in Tenerife

Reviewed 4 April 2013
MazCh
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Hi, I will be in Puerto de la Cruz in Nov /Dec 2014. I believe Pasapas is not now operating there. Can anyone suggest a company who offer guided walks in Orotava valley and Teide national park? I have accommodation and just want to join a group for (paid for) excursions.I don't speak German but would be happy to find out about German companies , as apparently there are more of them. Can anyone give me any advice please? Thanks Chris

12  Thank ChrisI4081PS
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We recently returned from a holiday in North Tenerife where we very much enjoyed some walking with Pas a Pas. We have used them a number of times over the years and our days out have become an important part of the holiday. Nadine and Stephane are both extremely friendly and knowledgable guides and through them we have discovered the "hidden" Tenerife, exploring the beautiful Teno and Anaga mountain ranges and the spectacular scenery of the Teide National Park. Walks normally last about three hours and often end at a little restaurant where you can order traditional Tenerifian food not found on a menu in the tourist areas. You do not need to be fantastically fit, just able to enjoy walking at a steady pace but Pas a Pas will do their best to choose a walk that will suit all abilities. We understand that they are moving to Lanzarote and will greatly miss them in Tenerife and might just have to try Lanzarote as an alternative holiday destination so we can explore that as well.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

In March 2013, during a one-week holiday in Tenerife, we had two walks with Pas-a-Pas, the guiding service run by Stephane and Nadine from Puerto de la Cruz. Stefane used the excellent local bus network, thus we got to see the people and the villages of the different areas we visited. The walks were well organized and thoroughly enjoyable, despite rain and cold on both days. Stephane, a Swiss national resident in the Canaries, is a welcoming guide with an excellent command of English; he is informative on the natural world and on the history and people of the Canary Islands. We finished both walks in a local pub, including an excellent lunch of local produce (including rabbit stew!) in one mountain village. We recommend Pas-a-Pas and wish them well with their future plans to extend their service to other islands in the Canaries.

Bill and Jan, Norwich, UK

3  Thank 473tabbing
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have just returned home from Puerto de la cruz and were very impressed by the walks offered by Pas a Pas,Both Stephane and Nadine were knowledgeable about the islands history and natural History.Both Stephane and Nadine were more like friends than guides and thy make everbody comfortable on their walks.We were told that they would be relocating to Lanzarote next year and if they can still provide the service they now do in Tenerife they will be very popular

3  Thank les A
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Just got back after a couple of great weeks in Tenerife; the weather was very kind to us and the walking available far exceeded our expectations. We did a mix of walking, some by ourselves and a couple with Stephane, and loafing by the lido. The great thing about using Pas a Pas (Stephane) was that you not only have great walks but you also learn so much about the island, its people, its economy, its geology, flora, fauna etc - for us an essential ingredient of any holiday. Stephane himself is delightful company (as well as being extremely knowlegdeable) and was always willing to go that extra mile to ensure that we had a really great experience. Puerto de la Cruz was a lovely little town with loads of places to eat and drink and well as being the centre of a great bus network. Highly recommended and we would definitely use again.

4  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We went on one walk with Pas a Pas. The trip we chose was to Anaga-mountains and it was a good choice. This walk we could not have done on our own. We had a nice english-speaking guide who had wide knowledge of the island, its ecology, politics and history. We used the local bus and therefore could start from one point and end the walk on an other. This was one of the best days on our holiday.

3  Thank Susanna S
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I went on 3 walks in October and all were excellent. Very reliable, good knowlegde on the local area and plants. Used local buses and locally owned cafes. Guided in English and French in a small group. Would definitely use again. Favourite walk was the Masca ridge. Remember to take your walking boots with you! Walks cost 30-35 euros inc guide and bus fares.

2  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Lots of places to walk, We got a taxi to Los Christianos then walked back to Fanabe, plenty of bars to have a refreshing drink, we are pensioners but we really enjoyed the walks always somewhere to go

1  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I went on two tours with Pas a Pas Tenerife walking tours during the 5 days I was in Tenerife in December. Both were wonderful. One was from a peak in the Anaga Mountains to the north east of the island that ended with a delicious local meal in a very interesting village on a peak overlooking the sea, where people's houses are built into caves. The other hike was in the "La Caldera" area through the myriad colourful, small volcanoes with views out to the beautiful snow-capped Teide volcano in the distance.

If you, like me, are someone who enjoys holidays where you can hike through natural landscapes, see spectacular views, try local foods and learn something about the history, flora and fauna then these tours will suit you. The guides are knowledgable about the area and clearly are passionate about the Canaries. Ask them pretty much anything about the plants, animals and history along the way and you will get an answer.

One of the best things about the tours is that they are small and personal. There were three of us on day one and five of us on day two. This was in contrast to a lot of other tour groups we saw, where upwards of 30 people were stomping along the trails, scaring away wildlife, and being herded on and off buses.

I would particularly recommend this tour if you are travelling alone in Tenerife (as I was) and want to hike through the countryside. I just didn't feel comfortable hiking alone and the guides and my co-hikers proved to be lovely company.

The tours are easily arranged just by emailing the company (see website - http://www.pasapastenerife.com/ ) before-hand as I did. I think you can do it by SMS as well.

I would also recommend Puerto de la Cruz as a great place to base yourself in order to see/walk the most interesting parts of the island. There are economical local buses going pretty much everywhere of interest (Los Gigantes, Anaga, La Laguna, the Teide National Park). Puerto is also a pretty little town and worth seeing just on its own. The hotels are fairly reasonably priced and I even managed a self-catering apartment.

8  Thank NessCV
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Tenerife has some great scenery and interesting plants you won't see anywhere else. The best way to see these is to walk in the country with a knowledgeable guide.

Puerto de la Cruz has many German firms offering day guided day hikes using public buses. We have walked with them and it was fine, but the rest of the guests are German and everything has to be translated for us (my German being somewhat inadequate!), and it can lose a bit in translation.

In December 2010 we found a French/Swiss couple who provide day walks in English. Nadine and Stephane charge 25 euros each person, including bus fares, to take you out and show you the countryside. Both are very knowledgeable about Tenerife, its history, plants, flowers and birds.

The walks are not terribly strenuous, if you like rambling in the UK it will be for you.

The firm's website is http://www.pasapastenerife.com/ and I highly recommend them. You can also get their leaflet from the tourist office in Puerto. Walks leave from outside the post office (building with a yellow sign) which is one street down from where all the buses leave. Drop them an e-mail if you want to sign up for a walk, or give them a call.

15  Thank BarbaraEdinburgh