“Excellent food, very warm hosts”
Review of La Alberola

La Alberola
Description: Dutch chef,fusion kitchen with almost all food home made. French Spanish basic with lots off flavours,be surprised.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Found this by accident while looking for a memorable meal to complete a 7-day hike in the mountains. We were a bit smelly/unwashed, but the couple could not have been more accommodating, and George spent a good while discussing the menu options, explaining how he creates the each dish (with 40 years of experience!), his scuba diving days, travels in other countries - it made us very relaxed.

The food was excellent, as mentioned, and we very happily shared dishes to spread the joy. Satay chicken, burrito, croquettas, a Spanish zucchini dish, then the awesome chocolate cake with parfait and cream - wowsers!

They even brewed up a special tea that wasn't on the menu.

We left with a good burp and a big smile. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I had the best carrot cake and the cappucino here, the lady in the restaurant was really helpful in all the senses. Cosy but stylish at the same time by the ocean. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Sadly we only found this restaurant on our last day so only ate lunch and dinner there.
The food was really full of flavour and freshly cooked before your eyes. The pork just melted in your mouth and the chocolate cake was to die for. At the weekend they have a liverpool guy as front of house and he was very amusing and did a good job of making you feel welcome. Olga also was quietly welcoming and made a brilliant sangria to our liking. If we visit Las Palmas again we will definitely revisit this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Terrible experience at this restaurant. Very bad behaviour from the staff. After going at this restaurant several times to eat and after one party, they maybe forgot to charge something and later there were strong accusations that it was done with intention ( this from a previous day). I asked the cook for a special preference and it was charged as the normal dish (much more expensive) while the quality that was offered was not higher but lower ( only difference was the colour of the rice). They do not behave to customers well and apart from this... they made fun at the end by giving me as change coins of 10 cents (imagine having 6 euros in 10cents). The waitress also shouted at me by telling me that if I have special preferences to go to another Burger shop that offers simple burgers and they defended their quality of food and comment all the time in the worst way other restaurants that may be better. I appreciated some things and me and my friends were customers for months. The last behaviour will be unforgettable and is far more from disappointing!!! I would not recommend it to anyone not because of the food but because they treat customers like rubbish and the waitress also touched another time my mobile phone by saying that this was disturbing the customers because it made noise when the others texted me. Well, the cook was kind but the owner of this restaurant does not behave!!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Super Service, with gently Olga and the dutch chief! Amazing delicious food and nice selection of beer :)
Nice retro and wood focused furniture.
Great music is cool feature. Go there!! :)
#Aberhallo
Liebe Grüße die 3 Deutschen :)

1  Thank Arturo2486