“Evening meal”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 12
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Didn't book a table but wished we had. However, the waiter must have either liked us or took pity on us as he removed the reserved ticket from the only table left which was alfresco and ideal for my wife's favourite sport of people watching as they walked up and down the street.

I started with the beef carpaccio which didn't disappoint. My wife doesn't like this dish usually but she tried it as it looked great the way that it had been presented with a light mustard vinaigrette and lots of extras on the plate such as nuts and seeds with shavings of La Gomera cheese.

My wife chose the burger for mains and couldn't finish it as the portion was too large for her. I had the tuna steak off the blackboard specials and it was a superb choice. Probably one of the best dishes I ate whilst in La Gomera.

I skipped the desert but had a nibble of the chocolate fondant which my wife had. The warm chocolate oozed out of the middle of the fondant when it was cut open. A perfect end to a perfect meal.

Well done guys. We will definitely recommend La Forastera to everyone.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Either get there early or book to make sure you get a table at this superb French Canarian restaurant. We ate here twice during our stay and its unmissable. It's only open in the evening on Thursday, Friday and Saturday so make sure you plan accordingly.

All the tables are outside giving a great opportunity to watch the comings and goings of San Sebastián.

There are daily tapas specials on the board which the owner or attentive multilingual staff can describe in mouthwatering details. These are large dishes and 3 between 2 of us made for a very satisfying meal. Alternatively 1 as a starter works equally well. The octopus on potato was one of our favourites.

There is also a range of delicious meat and fish dishes. The cod en croute and veal burger were both amazing.

Try the Gomeran wine made from Forestera grapes, it's great. All finished off with a warm brandy!

Once the sunsets they bring out little lights for each table making it very intimate and romantic.

Definitely do not miss this superb restaurant either for the food or the service.

1  Thank travelPippa
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We ordered sangria and the goats cheese salad between us which was so tasty I then had the gourmet burger and my partner the special blackened pork both of which were stunning definitely Ind if our top meals on the island recommend you book especially on a Friday the tirimisu was fantastic too ... If your on the island definitely pay them a visit

1  Thank Deeeeeeee
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We were here for lunch. Very nice people and FANTASTIC food. The pulpo was by far the best pulpo we had. The homemade ravioli was very very good. The Iberico porc was fantastic. If you visit the island without eating here, you really missed something.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We went to La Forastera in San Sebastián and had a truly wonderful experience. The food was imaginative, beautifully presented and gorgeous to taste. The French lady owner cooked everything fresh after you have ordered. The deserts were super wonderful! A very wonderful all round experience. Merci beaucoup!!!!

1  Thank BigJohn1946