All reviews steep hill taxi rank bus stop pool and garden area stayed here for nights nice hotel a large shopping centre large balcony porto pi shopping centre cleaned every day enjoyed our stay the staff were extremely helpful hotel is situated takes about minutes the air conditioning paella every evening
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We booked a double room but were given a twin, and it took two days to correct this, which was nearly 50 of our 5-day break. It is not just acceptable.

However the staff, and in particular the receptionist were polite and professional.

The rooms were spotless, the hotel deserves credit for that, and the pool area was well kept.

The final and most serious point was the level of noise some guest were making and they was no support in stopping it.

Room tip: Before going to your room, check it is what you ordered, Double, Superior, etc, once you have the keycard, it is hard to change quickly.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cristina B, Recepción at Hesperia Ciudad de Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear CSLJohnKirby,

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our hotel.

We regret the inconveniences caused because of the type of bed. We try to do our best but bed preferences are subject to availability at arrival day and can’t be guaranteed in advance.

We love to read that despite of the trouble you enjoyed our rooms, pool and staff! :)

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, receive my best regards from the NH Ciutat de Mallorca,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

The is a very nice hotel, we had a good room with a large balcony overlooking a fairly quiet road. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and lunch was excellent if a little expensive. The pool was not used too much so, if you wanted you could spend a quiet day round the pool. The only down site for us was the location, we were not prepared for it to be on a hill and walking down and back to the nearest shopping centre/restaurants was a challenge. This was the same when you wanted to go into Palma, there was a bus service, just round the corner which we never used as it was not that frequent. There was also a taxi rank just opposite the hotel which we did use at 6 euros to Palma one way. Do not be fooled by the appearance of the local shopping centre there are 3 floors hidden from view including a large supermarket Carrfore. Our advice would be to hire a car to use this hotel unless you are happy to walk up and down the hill to get anywhere. P s we are in our early 70's for young people this would not be a challenge

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear peterKleen,

Thank you very much for choosing our NH Ciutat de Mallorca for your stay.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, pool, staff,... it is very motivating for the team :)

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Mallorca last week and decided to stay in NH as it was far away from city center (noise) and I thought I would have a good time.
Unfortunetly, I had many pumps in this hotel.
First of all, I reserved a room and asked for queen bed and non smoking.
I did my reservation direct with NH to be sure they would give me what I asked. No intermediates!
It didnt make any difference.
When I arrived, I was given a terrible room. Small bed, smoking smell and shower was so tight that I wasnt able to move.
Same night, I asked to be moved and what I heard was : “as you are alone, we had to gave you the smallest room as we have other guests! But we can offer a dinner for you as gift”. So, a lonely traveller has no rights! Great to hear that!!
Well, sure dinner was good, but it didnt pay for the difference between a good room and the smallest one. I payed a lot to be in a good place.
Next morning, I asked again and finally, they put me in another room which was finally what I had reserved.
Problem was that there were many teenagers in this hotel that next two nights, I was awaken at 5 am with music and drunk shouts.
For NH, this should be controlled. I assumed that parents pay for their teenagers to stay in a good and far away hotel. As they dont have any chance, they party in the hotel, which I dont understand why hotel doesnt have any policy and control over this.
One night, I had to ask one of them to not sit in my door. Yes. A young man was sitting in front of my door and calling a girl. I was able to hear all of his words.
This is not what I expect from NH. No control and people do whatever they want as they were in a hostel.
I didnt recommend this hotel. I have been to other NH around world and this one is not as good. It is noisy and not worth it what you spend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LuNavarro
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for 6 nights.the hotel is in great location not far from the port but there is taxi and bus station outside so its easy to get there.the staff was kind and help us a lot,especially the reseptionist with the glasses show us some beaches at the map and help us a lot becase she made excellent choices.the room was fantastic,big enough and was cleaned every day.i suggest it and if i will come again in mallorca,i will choose that again!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
David H, Director de Recepción at Hesperia Ciudad de Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Stelios M,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your excellent ratings about our hotel NH Ciutat de Mallorca.

We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant week with us. All our staff work hard to provide our guests with the best hospitality services and we are proud to know we achieved this. We will share your kind words with all of them, especially "the receptionist with glasses", which we are sure will be very proud and grateful :)

We are very happy to hear that you would recommend NH Ciutat de Mallorca to others! That is one of the greatest compliments we can receive and we would like to thank you for that.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel with some friends at the beginning of August. We booked a 2 bed room + 3 bed room. The hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and always smiling :), the pool area is really nice but it is not a 4-star hotel, I’ve been to 3-star hotels that offered more. The price though was an average of 190€/room per night, which was a bit expensive for the location up the hill and amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear fuego2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to NH Ciutat de Mallorca. We love to hear you had a nice stay with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the professional and dedicated staff during your stay.

Palma is always worth a visit and we are looking forward to be your smiling host once again in the near future :)

Atentamente,