See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2015

I could not recommend this pension more. Amparo was so welcoming and friendly, she even insisted on doing some of our washing for us while we were there. My boyfriend and I spent two nights at the beginning of September and were delighted to find such a centrally located pension with great reviews and good value. The rooms are well appointed and while you share a hall bathroom, everything is spotless and sharing for us was not an issue. This was our second time back to San Sebastian and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Loved our stay here. Amparo (the lady who runs the pension) is lovely and went out of her way to help in any way possible. As mentioned in other posts her English is poor and my Spanish was alot worse but she still managed to sort us out.

Secondly this is the cleanest place you could stay, better than many hotels of high rating.

Lastly location is great, in the heart of the old town. Yes it can be slightly noisy as it is right over a busy street however, no matter where you are in the old town this will be an issue. If you are worried about this don't stay in the old town!

San Sebastian is a great little city and would love to head back to pension larrea.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for two nights during our trip around Spain. The lady who runs this is amazing! She doesn't speak much English but was so accommodating it was like we were staying with a family member. Nothing was too much trouble and she provided us with enough facilities and information we needed for a great stay. Can't say enough good things about this place. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I'm actually writing this from my room at Pension Larrea, in San Sebastian during the big festival week.

Have been here for 4 nights thus far and wanted to say how wonderful it's been .

The lady that hosts us is an absolute star, with nothing too much trouble and always trying to make sure all is well...it's genuinely like staying with a favoured relative.

The location couldn't be more perfect for the Old Town, main Beach and main drag. The Surf beach is about 5 to 10 mins walk away, the main Beach 5 mins, and your slap-bang in the middle of the old Town.

The only reason not to stay here is not the Pension but the location itself...it gets busy and stays busy until late...if you're a light sleeper you might want to find a quieter part of town, but if a little background hub-bub won't bother you, add this lovely Pension high on your list!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2015

This pension was absolutely fantastic with one of the best hosts I have ever had. The place was very clean and right in the middle of the old town where the best restaurants are. It is also located very close to both beaches. The only slight negative point would be the noise from the street when the windows are open.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple