All reviews old mill football stadium beautiful park old town isabel la catolica football match nespresso machine nice meal historic center public spaces exotic birds nice walk five minute walk football ground pleasant hotel free parking sea front
Reviewed 2 September 2016

This parador was modern and conveniently located. We enjoyed its proximity to San Lorenzo Beach. The parking lot was ample and free. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The breakfast and dinners were excellent. We would recommend this parador without reservation.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
1  Thank dorac357
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I only went to the restaurant on this visit. It was fast and efficent, great food and service. The menu was varied seafood and meats. They took special care of GF eaters.The wine selection was excellent the Tonto's were of note.

a great meal with ambience.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mustang645
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We booked a night at the Parador at Gijion, the room was OK but the AC was not functioning properly, when I ask for assistance the receptionist came to the room and told me that it did not cool but just circulated the air- I argued my point that it was very warm and it would be uncomfortable at night- no further assistance was given and it was a very uncomfortable night.

At dinner my wife ordered Veal, it came over cooked, dried out and tough, when I went to reception I was told – well go and order something else, there was no hint of an apology.
This is not the attitude that I would expect from a quality hotel

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank john F
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

First time in Gijon and we liked it a lot. Small, clean, relaxed atmosphere, good restaurants, very nice beach and many events on 22-23.7.16. We stayed in Abnb in the center and near by the beach. Will come back on our return trip. Looking forward to that already.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 718leenam
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We'd stayed in two Paradors previously, both in very old buildings. This one is much more modern, although it was an old mill. It is a fair walk from the centre of town, but next door to the sports stadium. Our room overlooked a pleasant park with numerous waterfowl and even red squirrels. The only downside were the peacocks, which tend to be very noisy, especially early morning.

The room was comfortable and service fine. The car park wasn't quite big enough. We were lucky in that the latecomers who parked where it made it difficult for others to get in and out didn't park in front of us.

There was nothing wrong with it, but it lacked the character of the Parador Gil Blas in Santillana and the Parador San Francisco in Granada where we had stayed previously, as both are in buildings several centuries old oozing with character.

Date of stay: July 2016