“Very good food , amazing price”

Restaurante Sidreria La Galana
Ranked #38 of 980 Restaurants in Gijon
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cimadevilla
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Coming from very expensive places as Donosti or Zarautz this place was heaven. Very big portions, asked a salad for share and was enough only with that for dinner, duck was excellent and a very big portion as all of them. Nice cider and they invite us the cafe!!! Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Very rude staff. Ordered drinks which didn't arrive waaaaaay after starters. Mains was absolutely terrible. We asked for Seabass and after ten minutes were told they ran out!!! ??? We are in gijon how do you run out of Seabass??? Anyway waiter recommend monk fish. BIG mistake, it was disgusting. The fish was raw and slimmy and so gross! It came with a sauce which was just pure oil! All that for 100 euros! We were also charged for bread we didn't even have!

Highly NOT recommended!

1  Thank E Y
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband and me had one of the menus del día at lunch time, it was a bit pricey,but the quality of the food and service was amazing.
I would be give it a 5 star, but sometimes in the bar the waiters can be a bit rude, its allways very busy but its their job, they should deal with it.
so restaurant side, perfect 5 stars, bar 3 stars

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our waiter was very good and the service was very fast, but they didn't rush us. The food was very good and not expensive. The interior is beautiful and rustic. Because of the high ceiling, it's not noisy and loud, which is very important I think.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Very busy place which had been recommended. Lots of character. Was very busy but we were lucky to get a seat. I don't speak Spanish so I struggled a bit but I joined in the cider experience and had some dinner. The food was great. I had no idea what I was getting. I loved the atmosphere and the experience but I can see why it might not suit everyone. All reasonably priced. Situated in the heart of the Old Town