“Rubbish food rubbish service”

Restaurante Sidreria La Galana
Ranked #39 of 952 Restaurants in Gijon
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cimadevilla
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Very rude staff. Ordered drinks which didn't arrive waaaaaay after starters. Mains was absolutely terrible. We asked for Seabass and after ten minutes were told they ran out!!! ??? We are in gijon how do you run out of Seabass??? Anyway waiter recommend monk fish. BIG mistake, it was disgusting. The fish was raw and slimmy and so gross! It came with a sauce which was just pure oil! All that for 100 euros! We were also charged for bread we didn't even have!

Highly NOT recommended!

1  Thank E Y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband and me had one of the menus del día at lunch time, it was a bit pricey,but the quality of the food and service was amazing.
I would be give it a 5 star, but sometimes in the bar the waiters can be a bit rude, its allways very busy but its their job, they should deal with it.
so restaurant side, perfect 5 stars, bar 3 stars

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our waiter was very good and the service was very fast, but they didn't rush us. The food was very good and not expensive. The interior is beautiful and rustic. Because of the high ceiling, it's not noisy and loud, which is very important I think.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Very busy place which had been recommended. Lots of character. Was very busy but we were lucky to get a seat. I don't speak Spanish so I struggled a bit but I joined in the cider experience and had some dinner. The food was great. I had no idea what I was getting. I loved the atmosphere and the experience but I can see why it might not suit everyone. All reasonably priced. Situated in the heart of the Old Town

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Our last night in Gijon should be special, and we had carefully chosen La Galana. And we certainly were not disappointed. We had booked a table on the terrace - amazing atmosphere, and outstanding service. The food was perfect. We got salad, octopus, lamb, beef, ice cream and chocolate cake. And everything was top class. lovely evening