“Best Torija in town”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I had a work lunch here a couple of weeks ago.
The place had been recommended to me by a foodie friend so I thought I would give it a go as work was paying.
I ordered Boletus with egg for starters, Black Angus Steak for my entree and the famous Torija for desert...
They were all phenomenal with the Torija living up to its hype as the best in town, absolutely marvellous. One of my guests order the Borage starter, a vegetable that is really only eaten in this region of Spain, and contrary to the bland dish I was expecting, they managed to elevate it to a fine dining plate to the point where I was almost jealous that I hadn't ordered it, almost.
The waiting staff here are very professional, attentive and knowledgeable of the food and wine pairings. They were also there if we needed them but never intrusive.
This is my new favourite restaurant in Zaragoza, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

A very traditional restaurant. We expected a lot more from a high ranked place on TripAdvisor. Old school Spanish kitchen, where the food could do with a lot more creativity. Service was great.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We visited on recommendation and were very disappointed. the food was not bad but was not particularly exciting. The service was slow, in fact one couple left without ordering, but the staff were friendly enough.
The tapas bar on the ground floor was very busy.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Difficult to make a reservations for 12 people - but this restaurant was extremely accommodating. We decided not to take the "tasting menu" and opted instead a la carte. I am so glad we did, everyone got a change to try some of the local "aragonese" food. It was fun passing spoonfuls of the different dishes around the table for people to taste....Possibly one of my most favorite restaurants. great selection of Riojas and Ribera del Duero wines.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent ambience and food . One of the historical restaurants in Zaragoza. Reasonable price / quality.