“Reliable food”

Ranked #556 of 1,765 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This bar/restaurant serves typical Aragon food and while they do have a menu, you can easily pick from their counter which is full of pinchos and tapas. I've eaten here at least 3 or 4 times and it's always good. A nice, quick cheap meal and I've never seen it that full despite the reasonably good and low priced food.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Great meals, good setting and reasonable service. Enjoyed the Tuna starter and Meat Platter for 2 which was delicious.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I had eur 10,80 menu del dia, it was a lot better than expected.
Started with melon and ham, next bifteck, tender and tasty , then tiramisu.
All with enough water and wine.
Good service, linnen tablecloth and napkin.
Large restaurant with plenty tables and a long bar with assorted tapas.
I recommend this restaurant if you want decent for a decent price.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Found this restaurant walking in Zaragoza. The best service, the best Spanish food. Try the meat platters and the paella. Just spectacular

The price totally worth it

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

After reading so many positive reviews mentioning the quality of their English breakfast, my boyfriend and I decided to make a trip to El Cierzo this morning.

We live in Spain so every so often will seek out an English breakfast to have a little taste of home (or when we're nursing a hangover!)

When we got there, the waitress looked at us with disdain for having the cheek to even ask for an English breakfast. When I asked if she would substitute the bacon on one of the dishes (I'm vegetarian) with a tomato she just said no and, very sarcastically, told me that the dish would only come with the exact ingredients listed on the menu. Having worked in hospitality for 10 years, I know it's a pain when customers ask you to substitute a bunch of stuff on a plate....but I don't think asking for a tomato on my plate was particularly outrageous.

She was so rude and unhelpful that we walked around the corner and are having breakfast somewhere else. Needless to say, I will not be back there any time soon.

Date of visit: March 2016