All reviews swimming pool free breakfast the free walking tour pub crawl las setas person dorm great rooftop common areas are metropol parasol minute walk enjoyable stay a great place to stay stayed for nights around the corner fantastic location city centre terrace
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Really liked the hostel, location is absolutely great (10min away from all major tourist activities) but also very close to the neighborhood of Macarena which is pretty cool to go out, find some cool vintage/record shops, eat good & cheap etc.
The other big plus of Oasis' Hostel were the people, both guests and staff. From interesting discussions to easypeasy party, it was precisely what I was looking for.
Finally, the terrace is just awesome and wants you to connect with other travelers.
Can't wait to get back !
PS : thank you @Tristan for the new franco-belgian cocktail, really loved it ;)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Oasis is my favorite place to go in seville.
Going there each year since 2012.
Great place, great staff, great atmosphere.
I highly recommend the oasis hostel.
People working there are since the beginning until now my friends and people i really appreciate meeting.
Just go to the place and you will live it.
Also sevilla is a great place to be

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This is the review from daughter

My friend and I stayed at Oasis Backpacker’s Hostel from July 30th to August 1st. The location was really great and was the saving grace. The hostel had the basics of what we needed, however, the pictures do make it appear much bigger and the pool also . We stayed in a 6 person dorm which was very small and difficult to move around in with more than 2 people inside at a time. The kitchen area was also very small with the bare minimum available. The vibe in the hostel while we were there was not great and not much social interaction was encouraged. This was different to what we had experienced in hostels around Spain, Italy and France. This is sometimes “hit or miss” depending on the personalities of the other visitors.

The most disappointing part of our stay were the staff. During our time, we saw four different staff at the front desk. Upon arrival a very nice girl (unfortunately did not catch her name) greeted up. She was exactly what you would expect from a hostel staff member — she was helpful friendly, energetic, gave us suggestions and recommendations and had strong English skills. The other staff we saw when passing in and out of the hostel greeted us but did not engage more beyond that. One our final night, we checked in with the staff at the desk about transportation to the airport to travel to Barcelona. Our flight was at 6:30 am the next morning and he told us to come down at 5:30 am and he would call a taxi. We asked about calling that night to be sure and he said not to worry and that 5:30am would give us enough time. We went down at 5:15am to be safe, he called the taxi service and told us there were very few cars available so would call back within the next few minutes (in very broken English). We then hung around the lobby in silence for 15 minutes and eventually we asked what was happening. He then said that maybe we should bus and not risk it. We had arrived via bus and knew that it was a 20 minute walk to the bus…he told us a 20 minute bus ride to the airport so this would get us to the airport with very little time to spare. We were of course fuming at this point and basically knew we would be missing our flight but instead of standing around we headed out. We started running down the cobblestone road with our bags in the intense heat to reach the bus station. We stopped in to another hostel to try get a taxi to find out there was a taxi strike — something a hostel staff should be aware of!! We had no choice but to try make it in time and eventually reached the bus. The supposed 20 minute bus ride as he told us was 35 minutes, and so as we anticipated, we arrived at the airport after the gate had closed and we missed our flight!! Something that could have been avoided with better planning and organization and knowledge of the front desk staff. We then had to train to Barcelona, which was 5 hours and $200.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank reez69
Olivia S, Gerente at Oasis Backpackers Hostel Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really sorry that you catch a taxi strike. Usually to call a taxi there is no need to call ahead as usually it takes 5-10 minutes for the taxi to arrive but as you said there was a taxi strike that started that day and that we weren't aware of. We should have been but this is not a common event. We are very sorry that you lost your flight because of this but as I mentioned this is an unexpected event that we have no control under.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

After a long day of travelling and 30mins just trying to locate the hostel, I needed rest. I went to eat and when I returned I banged my body into the metal doors of the open safes that were sticking out in the small room and that I couldn't see in the dark. The ladder for the bed was hard to use because of the long wood at the top and it felt easy to fall from when getting in or out of the bed. The worst part was putting a blanket on my body that smelt strongly of URINE at 1:30 in the morning and having to go downstairs to get a clean one after much effort to get in the bed, and overall exhaustion. It wa difficult to sleep after that as I realized that the thin sheet that was resting on top of this blanket smelt slightly of urine probably because it was on top of the urine blanket.Too tired to go downstairs again so slept without it. Didn't sleep well as I felt gross and dirty in the bed.

On the positive side,the woman at the desk the next morning expressed apologies for this and offered me a cloth bag advertising the hostel as compensation. She took the time to explain some of the history of Seville, suggest places to go, and assisted us in buying tickets for the Real Alcazar which saved us alot of time. Make sure you see this btw!
Perhaps the urine soaked blanket was just an unfortunate mishap and not a reflection of the general cleanliness of the hostel, but I will never forget it.
The place is artsy and has an interesting internal design. However, it is located on a "street" not accessible by cars. It's best to go to Las Setas, cross the street to a Japanese restaurant and turn the corner behind this restaurant to find it.Searching for it in a taxi is a costly mistake.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed with oasis Backpackers´ for only one night (was meant to be two but after a mix up with the buses, they kindly changed my booking for only one day). While there were a few mix ups with beds caused by other guests, the staff were absolutely incredible (especially Laura at reception) and sorted everything out so quickly!
Great location in the heart of Seville, great sized rooms and good quality bathrooms. Great rooftop area with a pool and bar and kitchen! Will definitely recommend and get back to Sevilla to stay again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo