“Great location, Amazing Management, Needs TLC and Better WiFi”

Life Apartments Giralda Suites
Ranked #30 of 167 Speciality Lodging in Seville
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Quiet top floor apartment with all the necessary amenities. Not keen on the red walls and red furniture, but the apartment was comfortable nonetheless. Some repairs and upgrades are needed, especially in the bathroom. The big problem with our stay was a slow and intermittent WiFi. As my husband and I both need to work a couple of hours a day, this was less than ideal. We had to get to a Starbucks (always quite crowded) or to the Costa Coffee a little ways out in order to work. I do need to say that the management was very professional and accommodating which is why this establishment received my fourth star.

Room Tip: Top floor apartments are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Great location, apartment was clean. Had top floor apartment which was great as we head out own private terrace overlooking the Giraldi. Asked for a double and twin bed, and unfortunately we didn't get the twin bed set up but the upstarts bed was big enough bed to not bother the other person at all.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
CJimenezPastrana, Dpto Comercial at Life Apartments Giralda Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Burniem74
thanks for your review in tripadvisor. We love to know that you really enjoyed of the city and the apartment
We would love to see you again over here

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

This apartment was quite the find. It's not super modern or has the latest of anything, but it's clean, unique and in the best location! The decor is fun too! The terrace was awesome but need a new pillows on the chairs, a little too much mold. I highly recommend the top floor apartments because the streets can be nosy.

Management met us as soon as I called, he spoke perfect English. He gave us everything we needed and even remembered to call a cab for us!

The apartment was great for a family of four. Parents upstairs, kids downstairs. They could use a better coffee maker, but I live in coffee. There is a Starbucks just around the corner.

The place is hidden, and the buildings hide a lot of the city noise but not all. Location is amazing, church bells keep the time for you, too. It's literally steps away from the cathedral and walking distance from everything! No car needed!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
CJimenezPastrana, Departamento Comercial at Life Apartments Giralda Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear WIckedforehand,
thanks so much for your review in Tripadvisor. We love to know that you really enjoyed of the apartment and the city of Sevilla. We would love to see you again over here

Reviewed 24 October 2016

On the plus side, the location is 2 minutes walk from the Cathedral, but down an alleyway, so no traffic noise. Lots of church bells but only to be expected. Elena who checked me in and out is excellent. I would recommend using their pre-booked airport transfer - excellent service!
On the minus side, which only concerns the ground-floor apartment.
I read previous reviews and knew the ground-floor flat had had several complaints so I asked for a high floor and quiet room. I got the ground floor, noisy apartment. I can only repeat what other guests have written about this apartment.
The apartment is all-white and very bland, the other apartments seem to be brightly painted.
There is no natural light as the blinds in the living room/kitchen have to be down as they give onto the alley way, which, to be fair is mostly only used by other guests, but is by no means private.
There are no bedside lamps in the bedroom and the switch for the central spot-light is outside the bedroom door. So after reading in bed you have to get up to switch the light off and come back in the dark. There are no electric sockets near the bed so you can’t recharge your phone and also have it near you at night (to check the time for example).
I live in a house in the country and found the internal noise excessive. Apartment dwellers may not. I could hear every movement from the apartment above day and night, including voices, walking, water running, loo flushing etc. etc.
The apartment is between the outside door and the stairs. There is no way of closing the outside door without banging it as there is only a knob on the outside and not a handle. The apartment doors are the same. So there was a lot of door banging which I could hear even with the bedroom door closed. Especially the laundry delivery at 5.30 in the morning. The entrance hall is an atrium so noise is accentuated.
But, all the other apartments get very good reviews so I would return if I had a guarantee of another apartment.

Room Tip: My review concerns the ground-floor apartment only. Ask for an upstairs apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
CJimenezPastrana, Departamento Comercial. at Life Apartments Giralda Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Happywand
thanks for your review in Tripadvisor. We are sorry for the incidents with the noise. We will keep working hard to offer you the best service in your next stay . We are happy to know that you really enjoyed of the great location

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We were a little concerned before we got to the hotel because we spent a few days in Barcelona in a similar type of hotel and Barcelona hotel was not awful, but definitely needed lots of improvement. Giralda Suites, on the other hand, was perfect - location, the cleanliness, design, greeting my Elena and even a car that was arranged to bring us from the airport. We had a great terrace that although shared with the other tenants, was still private enough. The kitchen was fully equipped. We truly enjoyed the stay and I promised my friends that I will write a very good review about this hotel, which I did.

Room Tip: Be aware of the bells ringing every hour at night.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
CJimenezPastrana, Departamento Comercial at Life Apartments Giralda Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Dear Clara9999
thanks so much for your great review in Tripadvisor . We love to know that you really enjoyed in one of our apartments in Sevilla and would love to see you again over here
Best regards from Sevilla!