“Dark and dismal”

La Estrella Oriental
Ranked #610 of 1,752 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This little restaurant has a very unwelcoming facade with a lot of graffiti on it. Inside it is gloomy as there are no windows. Heavy and chunky red laquered furniture which is very dated, Could do with a big makeover. The service was good but hardly surprising as I was the only one there at lunchtime. I ordered the standard 3 course lunch menu. It was very mediocre and nothing compared to a Chinese restaurant/cafe in Soho, London. Flavours were lacking which is a pity as nowadays there is a wide variety of vegetables and spices available in Granada, fresh ginger for example. It is not a place that I would invite anyone and I shall not be returning.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Nice quiet Chinese restaurant on a side street of Grand Via Colon. Not exactly like what we are used to in the US, but close enough to be a welcome alternative to tapas. I would recommend a visit even though my friends did not like the won ton soup.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We shared a range of dishes and went away satisfied for the quantity. The only thing is that no dish shone, and in a city like Granada you're going to have to make sure your offering is above par to attract repeat visitations.

Nothing wrong with this restaurant... but there are better eateries in this beautiful city.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

It was nice to have a change after 4 weeks of Tajin and tapas. It opens at 11:30 am which is good that we don't have to wait until 2 pm like other Spanish restaurants. It is vegetarian friendly. I am a vegetarian with special diet requirements. The staff is nice and accommodating. She even gave us a pot of Chinese tea and free wifi. Mucho Gracias

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

After a week of tapas and more tapas, we stumbled onto this family gem , in the heart of the city, close to the souk. Nice to try out all the usual suspects , but authentic cuisine, as this joint is run by a Chinese family. It's easy to find this place on Google maps.