“Great Moroccan food”

Restaurante Arrayanes
Ranked #66 of 1,664 Restaurants in Granada
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Estamos cerrados del dia 06 de junio hasta el 22 de junio.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place up a steep lane off the main Moroccan shopping street. Decor is an odd mix of Moroccan and Spanish and kitsch which adds to its charm. Service was excellent food was very good. Lots of it and very tasty and in our limited experience seemed pretty authentic! We had a chicken couscous and a lamb tagine which we shared. Excellent value. No alcohol sold so try the homemade lemonade - it’s amazing!!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Sarah S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Moroccan restaurant is right off the street in the Albaicin neighborhood. Great place for simple Moroccan food. We visited for lunch, the service staff was very friendly, and forthcoming with recommendations. The starter sampler with 4 items (hummus, eggplant, etc.) great with the warm, home-made bread. Got the Lamb Tagine and the Chicken Tagine. The chicken was mouth-watering yummy - meat falling off the bones just the right amount, good sauce to go with. The lamb was the best - good chunky pieces, well cooked and the accompanying cooked dates and apricot was a unique experience. The mint lemonade was very refreshing after a long walk in the sun.
Highly recommend for simple, tasty and hearty Moroccan food.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Inedible. Obviously a deal between our hotel concierge and this restaurant. Even the hummus was awful, which is a pretty simple dish to create. We did not even attempt to eat our tagines. My husband had one bite of his "kefta" tagine and immediately asked for the check. The decor is also awful. One of the worst dining experiences in have had in Europe and most certainly in Spain. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

It can be difficult traveling alone and finding a great restaurant. I didn’t have a reservation and I was starving. I had been hunting for this restaurant during the day and by the time I found it, it was closed and opening for dinner later. I took a chance and hobbled in alone and with my cane (it was a bit of a climb the last 50 feet), the owner must have felt sorry for me,he seated me immediately! He then proceeded to make great recommendations. They were turning people away who didn’t have reservations, or telling them to come back in 90 minutes! I was very fortunate! Great meal, great service, a beautiful restaurant!

1  Thank Sally Z
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant is a great location is in one of the nicest places in Granada the food was outstanding and the ambience was astonishing